Don't be shy... Who is going Naked?

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely in this thread for the wrong reasons.

:rolleyes:

Sent from the Resistance Hidey Hole in the Taco Nation, while using Tapatalk 4 on an HTC One.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a protective case (I always do with phones that cost several hundred dollars out-of-pocket). But I've also just ordered a new Durango and the storage space up front is limited. I've gone back to looking at car mounts for phones and the one I want looks like it works best without a case on the phone. so I may have to take the case off while in the car :( But if it means no sticky residue or drilling into the dash of the car, I think it'll be worth it to take the case off for the amount of time it'll be in the car. The only drawback is the very real risk of loosening the bezel by repeatedly removing the snug-fit case.

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a protective case (I always do with phones that cost several hundred dollars out-of-pocket). But I've also just ordered a new Durango and the storage space up front is limited. I've gone back to looking at car mounts for phones and the one I want looks like it works best without a case on the phone. so I may have to take the case off while in the car :( But if it means no sticky residue or drilling into the dash of the car, I think it'll be worth it to take the case off for the amount of time it'll be in the car. The only drawback is the very real risk of loosening the bezel by repeatedly removing the snug-fit case.

Something you might consider depending on you vehicle setup is a magnetic car dock - I've had a number of traditional clamp type ones for other phones but thought I'd try something a bit different and am astounded how well it works: Amazon.com: InfiniApps Slyde CD Slot Mount for Smartphones, Cradle-less Universal cell phone holder with Quick-snap technology, magnetic cell phone mount: Cell Phones & Accessories

I only use a bumper case (Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories) so the metal plate for the dock is under stock backplate and works REALLY well - rock solid and secure. I like the setup because even if I opt for a full case all I have to do is relocate the plate to be between the stock back and case back. Can't say enough good things about this dock - jump in the car, pop the phone on and it locks on tight.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Love the feel, the phone is beautiful. No covering this thing up for me.
I won't say I will never use a case but for now naked.

Posted via Android Central App

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Everything on this planet should be naked. Okay, take that back. Anything that looks good on this planet should be naked. The N3 is one of those things. Uncle Eddie is not. Life is too short for me to worry about resale value. I keep my phones for 2 years. They get some nicks and whatnot. No big deal. My aluminum HTC Titan has only one noticeable nick/scratch on the back cover. It has hit the tile from counter height 3 times over its life and that is the worst of it. I toss this thing all over the place. Its built well. I just hope the plastic N3 can live up to this same life. I stopped hiding phones when they started looking so attractive and feeling so good in the hand. What does build quality matter if its wrapped in a plastic injection molded case?

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
At the moment, I don't have a case on my phone. I do have a screen protector, but that's it. I've been considering options for cases, because I usually like a little extra protection, but I'm not sure anything is really what I want.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
i am going basically naked as i just have the s-view note 3 cover and thats it. i will sell that and the note 3 when the next best thing shows up as i am a junkie for tech and keep getting the newest and greatest its an addiction i tell ya it really is.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
With Gorilla Glass 2 or 3, unless you wear a tungsten carbide ring or work in a sandy environment, I don't see a need for a screen protector. My GS3 and GN2 went caseless with no issues save a tungsten carbide ring incident (that admittedly was only seen by my OCD self). I rock my GN3 naked.

On the flip side, my 13 year old's GS4 is in an Otterbox.

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Had a cheap clear TPU case on it but since got a full body skin and have gone naked since. Have accidental insurance so not really worried. Not sure why I covered the back but for now I have the skin cover on front and back.

howdidoo

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I am using it since almost 2 months too.. No protection, totally naked, and loving it. The screen is too awesome to hide behind a glossy, ugly screen guard. And dont want to use a cover to increase weight and bulk on this already giant phone.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I went al fresco yesterday. I have 3 different phone covers available but they all have the same flaw, after a few days/weeks you get this nasty buildup around the edges of the cover. I'm thinking it may be best just to go el fresco and take my chances. It worked for almost 2 years with my Rezound save a few minor nicks on the glass with a pair of irritating car keys around the time that I stopped caring so much for my device.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I went al fresco yesterday. I have 3 different phone covers available but they all have the same flaw, after a few days/weeks you get this nasty buildup around the edges of the cover. I'm thinking it may be best just to go el fresco and take my chances. It worked for almost 2 years with my Rezound save a few minor nicks on the glass with a pair of irritating car keys around the time that I stopped caring so much for my device.

Luckily, our phones/things are replaceable, right? :D
I took off my cover off and there was bunch of lint/dust/etc. I took a piece of tape to get the stuff out of the crease.

mactruck

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I consider going naked if I had a holster that would work. I currently use a seidio slim + holster.

I'll admit, I have not looked at other holsters.

hdradaza

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Now naked with spigen glas.t slim. Absolutely amazing. Feels so good to run fingers thru glass. So smooth. And faux leather on back and thinness of phone is perfect. Cant put it down!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well all I caved in and re purchased the Otterbox Defender. I originally bought the case then returned it as I liked the phone as it was meant to be. I dropped my phone the other day three times which is rare for me but nonetheless it was enough to get me to get a case. So I can no longer say I roll naked as the rest of you.

Rockin my Note 3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer