Wakelock detector. ...clueless

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Someone told me to download wakelock detector Cuz I was complaining of battery drainage. I did but I have no idea what it means or what to do to use it and improve my battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384972179815.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384972179815.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 27

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wakelock Detector can be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes of battery drain, but it often won't tell you exactly what the problem is. Look for apps or services that are waking the device up an excessive number of times (like in the several thousands), or keeping the device awake for a long amount of time. It might be something that is reporting location very frequently (which can be turned off under Google Settings/Location/Location Reporting). Or it might be an app that is malfunctioning and keeping the device awake.

There are two types of wakelock--partial and full. There aren't many full wakelocks--these are the ones that keep the device and screen on (caused by things like the Phone app, or perhaps an e-reader app with a setting to prevent the screen from sleeping). Partial wakelocks are usually where you'll find the culprit--these are when the device is awakened to perform a function, but the screen stays off (e.g., in order to refresh data from the web). Unfortunately, there can be a lot of normal partial wakelocks, so the challenge is trying to figure out what is abnormal. This forum can be helpful in that regard, so posting screenshots like that is a good idea. Make sure you're posting the Partial Wakelocks--you can find them by tapping that CPU icon and selecting Partial.