Galaxy Note 3 - S-view Weather App Info

jezc123

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I have an AT&T Galaxy Note 3. I have Android Weather app installed and also set as home screen widget. I also have The Weather Channel (TWC) app installed.

Android Weather app (refreshed) states temp. of 63 degrees. Weather Channel App states 64 degrees. That's OK - but what I can't figure out is why my S-view screen states 65 degrees.

Does anybody know where the S-view screen "widget" is getting its data from? Can I change this source so that it matches my preferred weather app - Android Weather - so that the S-view screen widget and home screen widget show the same temperature?

I have spent hours trying to research this but to no avail - most of the search results were to do with weather apps not syncing / updating etc.

Any help appreciated!

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Nine chances outta ten, it's due to the accuweather widget thats on the stock lock screen. I've been searching high and low to remove it and can't.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi - I have an AT&T Galaxy Note 3. I have Android Weather app installed and also set as home screen widget. I also have The Weather Channel (TWC) app installed.

Android Weather app (refreshed) states temp. of 63 degrees. Weather Channel App states 64 degrees. That's OK - but what I can't figure out is why my S-view screen states 65 degrees.

Does anybody know where the S-view screen "widget" is getting its data from? Can I change this source so that it matches my preferred weather app - Android Weather - so that the S-view screen widget and home screen widget show the same temperature?

I have spent hours trying to research this but to no avail - most of the search results were to do with weather apps not syncing / updating etc.

Any help appreciated!

It gets it from the stock Accuweather widget. You can not change it. Does the 2 degree difference really bother you that much?

jezc123

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! No, it does not bother me that much, I am more curious than anything else and just trying to understand how it all works.
For example, if my home is Texas (say 60 degrees), and I have location services / GPS disabled, and then travel to a place that is 20 degrees cooler i.e. 40 degrees, what will the S-view screen show as the temperature - 60 or 40 degrees? I am guessing 60 because it cannot possibly know where I am. So my next question would be how does the Accuweather widget know what temperature (i.e. location) to display and, if I wanted to, how could I change it? To take this another step - what if I permanently moved from Texas to a colder place and always kept location services disabled - would my S-view display always be displaying the previously known location (Texas) temperature?
No big deal - just curious.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692