Note 3: UAG vs Otterbox Defender

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't decide which case to go with. At first I thought it would definitely be the UAG. But now I'm not so sure. I've watched a couple videos of both, and the size difference isn't as big as I thought it would be. The note 3 defender looks somewhat slimmed down compared to past models. Price will be about the same since I will have to get a glass screen protector and holster if I go with UAG. What do you guys think? Those with the defender, is the phone pocketable? And how bad does the screen protector diminish the screen quality?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

alp1917

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: UAG vs Otterbox Defender

I have the UAG and love it. I don't use a screen protector and its not as bulky as the defender. Fits in the pocket easily.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

The defender will protect better but uag looks better and is not as bulky.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

This--
The defender will protect better but uag looks better and is not as bulky.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I have the UAG. Defender will get you better protection, but is fugly compared to the UAG, and a fair bit bulkier. UAG gives me enough protection, and it's a slick looking case. People stop me in the street asking me about it and asking where can they buy one (Well, not really, but that sounded good - LOL)

Last edited:

crivera7836

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

i don't have the defender for the note 3 but i used to have for my iphone 5 (RIP) and i really hated the built in screen protector ,it would probably be not too good for the s pen so ill skip on the defender for now

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

i don't have the defender for the note 3 but i used to have for my iphone 5 (RIP) and i really hated the built in screen protector ,it would probably be not too good for the s pen so ill skip on the defender for now

I have had both and prefer the drop protection. The s pen works fine with the original OBox screen. Although most people snap it out in place of a nice tempered brand, which is what I plan on doing next.
Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

The defender is pretty slim. I was surprised.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

crivera7836

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

I have had both and prefer the drop protection. The s pen works fine with the original OBox screen. Although most people snap it out in place of a nice tempered brand, which is what I plan on doing next.
Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Would you think it will work fine if i popped out the screen protector and i have a bodyguards tempered glass screen protector instead. Would the case fit right ?

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

I use the Otterbox Commuter and combine it with a Sir Lancelot's Armor Holy Grail screen protector. Slim and virtually bulletproof.

Sent from my SM-N9005

amcjavelinsst

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I got the Defender (albeit on GN2) & I reckon it rocks
Drop it then meh
S pen works just fine
Just open it to clean every so often as stuff gets in
It bugged me to start with but now I don't notice it and it gets easier to open as it wears itself in and loosens up
A phone is a functional tool to me not a fashion accessory so I opt for the extra protection afforded
Just my 2 bob's worth
Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7105T using AC Forums mobile app

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I use the Otterbox Commuter and combine it with a Sir Lancelot's Armor Holy Grail screen protector. Slim and virtually bulletproof.

Sent from my SM-N9005

+1 for the commuter.. Great case. . Otterbox is also releasing the watertight obex for the note 3 at the end of March ($80).looks slim but hard to tell about drop protection vs the others.

Posted via Android Central App

wadealancarlson

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site

+1 for the commuter.. Great case. . Otterbox is also releasing the watertight obex for the note 3 at the end of March ($80).looks slim but hard to tell about drop protection vs the others.

Posted via Android Central App

The guy that talks about utility over design can't put the brick in his pocket lmao.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781