Anyone Using Google Launcher Full Time?

arcadelion

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Galaxy Nexus for over a year, there was a learning curve going to Touchwiz on the GN3. After installing the Google Launcher on my phone, I somehow feel I get more customization from Touchwiz, so much that I plan on sticking with TW. Anyone else feeling in the same boat as me?

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I used Google Launcher for a short period of time... But once I installed Action Launcher Pro when I first got the GN3, I've been so attached to it.. I try to use other various Launchers, but I always go back to Action Launcher Pro.. And now I signed up for the beta.

I just don't use Google Now enough to justify using Google Launcher as a default launcher for me.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I stay with TW even though I have tried EVERY launcher there is. Heck, I even paid for most of them and still revert back to TW. I find the stock Google launchers to be plain, boring, and unintuitive. Don't get me wrong, stock android has it's place and there is nothing wrong with them but I prefer something more. Heck, Sense 5 blows chunks on the new Google launcher.

So my answer is no. I'll stick with TW and not even think of installing the new, and improved Google launcher.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to google launcher? I can't find anything in the play store.

posted on my mobile device please excuse any errors

arcadelion

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to google launcher? I can't find anything in the play store.

posted on my mobile device please excuse any errors

Download the new Google Search apk from here:
How To Try The Google Experience Launcher With Translucent Bars And Google Now Once You Get Your KitKat Update [APK Download]

then, download the new Google Experience Launcher from here:
Massive Google Search 3.1.8 Update Rolling Out, Brings Google Experience Launcher To All 4.1+ Devices, New Cards, Completely Fixes GEL On Tablets, And More [APK Download]

Please note that the status bar is not translucent, but other than that it's the same launcher found on KitKat

Give it a try and let me know if it's worth the switch from TW.

arcadelion

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I stay with TW even though I have tried EVERY launcher there is. Heck, I even paid for most of them and still revert back to TW. I find the stock Google launchers to be plain, boring, and unintuitive. Don't get me wrong, stock android has it's place and there is nothing wrong with them but I prefer something more. Heck, Sense 5 blows chunks on the new Google launcher.

So my answer is no. I'll stick with TW and not even think of installing the new, and improved Google launcher.

I installed the Google Launcher and I like it especially since I used it for so long with my Galaxy Nexus. Having said that, I find more customization options with TW and don't find it as horrible as it used to be on my old old Galaxy S Vibrant

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I tried it for a few hours and just can't use it. The lack of options leave me wondering why anyone would. It seems like Googles approach is "Ok, so we have to provide an interface. Let's throw this out there."

Posted via Android Central App

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the GEL this week and enjoyed it. However, I found that I was not using the OKAY GOOGLE voice action that often and I missed the auto landscape that Nova does. So I am going back to Nova Launcher for the landscape home screen and when I use Okay Google I will have to touch the phone.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Download the new Google Search apk from here:
How To Try The Google Experience Launcher With Translucent Bars And Google Now Once You Get Your KitKat Update [APK Download]

then, download the new Google Experience Launcher from here:
Massive Google Search 3.1.8 Update Rolling Out, Brings Google Experience Launcher To All 4.1+ Devices, New Cards, Completely Fixes GEL On Tablets, And More [APK Download]

Please note that the status bar is not translucent, but other than that it's the same launcher found on KitKat

Give it a try and let me know if it's worth the switch from TW.

Thanks, I will give it a shot and let you know.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the GEL this week and enjoyed it. However, I found that I was not using the OKAY GOOGLE voice action that often and I missed the auto landscape that Nova does. So I am going back to Nova Launcher for the landscape home screen and when I use Okay Google I will have to touch the phone.

I hate saying "okay, Google" to myself alone, or in public, so cliche.

I don't need a discussion with Google, I can handle my things myself.

@T-Mobile GN3

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am a dyed in the wool Nova fan but I have to say I am enjoying the GEL.

"OK Google. Beam me up Scotty "

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34