Okay, to my big shock, my phone suddenly seized to work... It was charged a few hours ago and I just had it laying, nothing special. It's a flat-stock N-9005. I wanted to check it and it did not respond to the Home Key. I tried powering it on, nothing. I took the battery out and hooked a multimeter on it and it read 4.02 Volts so plenty of power left so it wasn't drained either. Also tried putting it in Recovery and Download mode but the thing seems dead. Any idea what else I could try?
    11-21-2013 01:36 PM
    It would not power on after the battery pull? Mine did something similar last week but came back on after the battery pull but it did it twice more so I did a factory reset and it seems okay now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    11-21-2013 02:20 PM
    Well, brought it to the store it came from, realized the stores were open extra long today, they tried multiple things that I hadn't tried yet or couldn't but couldn't get it to respond either, so it's on it's way to Samsung now, bummer.

To be continued...
    11-21-2013 03:14 PM
    Let us know what the result is. Doubt they will tell you what was wrong.

11-21-2013 08:44 PM
    Well, phone has returned, working and all. Seems they replaced the entire mainboard, namely A/S ASSY-PBA MAIN(COMM) as it is mentioned on the repair log.
    12-03-2013 07:21 PM
    That is interesting but glad it is working!

12-03-2013 08:25 PM
    Well, phone has returned, working and all. Seems they replaced the entire mainboard, namely A/S ASSY-PBA MAIN(COMM) as it is mentioned on the repair log.
    Did you ever do a battery pull? Im a little worried about this because mine has become unresponsive to the point of a battery pull twice because my screen wouldn't turn on. I think mine is a software issue
    12-04-2013 02:44 AM
    My device just started acting up on me. First, I see this notification that my SD card isn't formated. Then, the frequent power downs and unresponsive power/sleep button. Battery pull doesn't seem to help. Nor does clearing the caches in recovery mode or whatever. Very disappointed in the reliability of this phone as do to my work, I greatly depend on being connected.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3
    12-04-2013 07:04 PM
    You guys that are having issues, is there anything that you're doing that may be causing the behavior, rooted, tethering, etc?
    12-04-2013 10:46 PM
    Tyler, I pulled the battery like five times, also measured its output, the phone itself didn't respond at all and they check at the shop to make sure it is really faulty or not before sending it in for repairs.
    12-05-2013 01:44 AM
    You guys that are having issues, is there anything that you're doing that may be causing the behavior, rooted, tethering, etc?
    I'm not rooted. Tethered on occasion but haven't done so in the last week. I just started experiencing these behaviors just yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Note 3
    12-05-2013 05:07 AM
    It appears in one instance to be a factory defect pissibly a cold solder joint on the main board or a short on the board causing the issue.

12-05-2013 06:28 AM
    Mine done the exact same thing. The manager was very sorry and gave me a brand new one. Mine was only about 2 weeks old when mine died.
    12-05-2013 07:42 AM
    Well, mine was broken after eleven days, but KPN, my provider, doesn't hand out new phones even so short after breaking, and you have to pay for their insurance plan to be eligible for a temporary replacement phone at all, sodding providers here make you almost sell your liver...
    12-05-2013 08:18 AM
    Well, mine was broken after eleven days, but KPN, my provider, doesn't hand out new phones even so short after breaking, and you have to pay for their insurance plan to be eligible for a temporary replacement phone at all, sodding providers here make you almost sell your liver...
    I think that's spelled "soldering"....Oh wait (in my best "Amurikun" accent) you're not from around these here parts are ya?
    12-05-2013 10:32 AM
    There should still be a one year warranty. Samsung will do a test and repair. Try contacting them directly since you are not having luck with your provider.

12-05-2013 10:40 AM
    I think that's spelled "soldering"....Oh wait (in my best "Amurikun" accent) you're not from around these here parts are ya?
    It was an attempt at more British English, as I prefer to learn that, native language is Dutch.

There should still be a one year warranty. Samsung will do a test and repair. Try contacting them directly since you are not having luck with your provider.

There is, two years even, and didn't have to pay for the repair, just didn't get a temporary replacement phone in return while my Note was away for repairs. Good thing I had my old first Note still around.
    matilde75 likes this.
    12-05-2013 10:49 AM
    I understood you. I have spent time in Britain and Australia. I had one Scottish gentlemen get quite upset when I could not differentiate his accent from a British person in a pub.

12-05-2013 08:18 PM
    hi when you sent your phone in did they wipe put all your data and pictures? this started happening today and i have TONS of pictures that have not been synced to my computer so im afraid if i have it sent in for repairs i would lose all that, please help and explain what i should do
    05-29-2015 12:32 PM