Note 3: Zerolemon extended battery

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Zerolemon extended battery

I preordered and will try to get some stuff posted. They said they won't ship out until Dec 2nd though.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Just ordered one hope it's not to bulky

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Zerolemon users! Pre-order your thing!

[180 Days Warranty] Zerolemon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Zeroshock Rugged Case + Zerolemon Tri-cell Extended Battery. Shockproof/dustproof Holster Kickstand Hybrid Cover. Includes 10000mah Battery. World's Highest Capacity Extended Battery + World's Only

Finally it's almost in our phones. Can someone who's getting it post some pics when he gets it. I ordered it but shipping oversea will take a while I think =(

A beast like this phone needs a beast battery!
Posted via Android Central App

Why do people always ask for pics of products when the very link they post up has numerous pictures....in both colors. >_<

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Because what matters to me are the pics of the thickness of the case with the phone. They're quite unclear on Amazon. Especially that belt clip picture..

Why do people always ask for pics of products when the very link they post up has numerous pictures....in both colors. >_<

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Because what matters to me are the pics of the thickness of the case with the phone. They're quite unclear on Amazon. Especially that belt clip picture..

Huh? These aren't big/clear enough for you?

Amazon.com: [180 Days Warranty] Zerolemon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 10000mah Extended Battery with NFC + Zeroshock Shockproof/Dustproof Rugged Case. Includes 10000mah Battery, Holster Kickstand, with Screen Protector Hybrid Cover. World's Highest Cap

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Perhaps he isn't satisfied with the few available photos, I too am displeased with most of the photos on amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

I just red that the rugged case has a built-in screen protector. That's actually a bummer for me like the rugged case. I hope there isn't a gap between the protector and screen..
I hope there'll be an option to only assembly the TPU case to the phone

For who is that built-in protector or rugged case also a no go?

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Perhaps he isn't satisfied with the few available photos, I too am displeased with most of the photos on amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Nonsense. Each picture on the left is fairly normal, but run your cursor over the picture and it zooms in. I'm not sure how much closer zoom you could possibly get for this item, or what other angles you could possibly take a picture of.
I just red that the rugged case has a built-in screen protector. That's actually a bummer for me like the rugged case. I hope there isn't a gap between the protector and screen..
I hope there'll be an option to only assembly the TPU case to the phone

For who is that built-in protector or rugged case also a no go?

Would be a deal breaker for me as well. I can't imagine it working too well with the S Pen. I hear some awesome things about ZL products, so I went ahead and ordered one since the primary reason I stick with Sammy is their expandable storage and battery availability. But this rugged case option may not be a good fit, so I'm strongly considering the Mugen and/or Seidio when completed/available. I've also read some horror reviews about ZL's TPU case design, discoloration, and dirt/grime collection. As the zen master says....

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

So it does have a built in screen protector.. Hmm I am not sure I am a fan of that.. Although I have never used a built in one so maybe it's ok. I am super picky about the screen protector, one scratch and I switch it out, of course the removable are only a couple bucks each. So if it is built in do you have to change the whole case if it gets scratched? Also if it doesn't lay flat and gets bubbles under it or something I would not be cool with it. The only built in screen protector I saw was a waterproof iPhone case and it was a terrible cheap plastic that scratch really easy. I hope it is way better than that, otherwise I will be looking for a way to cut it out.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

So it does have a built in screen protector.. Hmm I am not sure I am a fan of that.. Although I have never used a built in one so maybe it's ok. I am super picky about the screen protector, one scratch and I switch it out, of course the removable are only a couple bucks each. So if it is built in do you have to change the whole case if it gets scratched? Also if it doesn't lay flat and gets bubbles under it or something I would not be cool with it. The only built in screen protector I saw was a waterproof iPhone case and it was a terrible cheap plastic that scratch really easy. I hope it is way better than that, otherwise I will be looking for a way to cut it out.

Totally agreed. I pre-ordered this batt + case this a.m., and then canceled the order about 60min ago. The rugged case alone is overkill for me, but that built-in protector I do not want. Deal breaker. I tried one of these types of cases a long time ago on my LG chocolate phone (I know, long time ago), and that built-in protector was nothing but issues constantly. Hopefully they'll sell just the battery and some TPU case options in the near future. Props to ZL though for making the products for this phone, just not the right fit for me.

You can expect it to look and act like this:
http://youtu.be/PPrVRKdxJO4

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

Are you sure you want to be canceling the order? Check out this review! ZeroLemon Galaxy Note 3 10000mAh Extended Battery+Zeroshock Rugged Case Review+Pics - xda-developers Sounds like you could take the built in screen out if you wanted. This also has all the pictures anyone could ever want! It looks like the monster truck of phones lol!

Just ordered mine after reading the review... was a little hesitant due to the built in screen protector.... but now knowing I can remove it made my decision a lot easier...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

What a great review with great pictures!

@ chrisingrassia try to compare the amazon pictures with the review Dirtydawg57 posted, 100% difference

Are you sure you want to be canceling the order? Check out this review! ZeroLemon Galaxy Note 3 10000mAh Extended Battery+Zeroshock Rugged Case Review+Pics - xda-developers Sounds like you could take the built in screen out if you wanted. This also has all the pictures anyone could ever want! It looks like the monster truck of phones lol!

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

What a great review with great pictures!

@ chrisingrassia try to compare the amazon pictures with the review Dirtydawg57 posted, 100% difference

Doesn't make sense to me. Amazon hasn't shipped any of these orders out yet. Heck, Amazon didn't even post it up until 11/27. Zerolemon themselves said they wouldn't be in Bastex's (their distributor) hands until 12/2. Something is off about this.....I don't see any difference or more detail in the xda pictures compared to Amazon. I just see more of them. But to each their own. I'll still hold out to see what options come in the future.

Also, I've had extended batteries for my SGSIIE4GT in the past, and there's always so much excitement and needing to post reviews right away when you get them put in. They last forever!! 3+ days!! etc, etc. I wanna see the reviews after 4-6months of use and charging. How the cells are holding up, usage time, etc. Cuz ZL appears to just wire 3 separate batteries together and wraps them up in white packaging....the batt's any good after an extended period of time? Anyone currently have ZL they've been using for a minute and can expound on how it's held up? I'd prefer one solid Li-ion 10,000mah battery to three separate just wired together. Not knocking, just my opinion. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Mugen and Seidio are the only true solid state batteries....

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

And I was going to place my order today but it appears sold out.

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

It looks like a winner but my two concerns are like others have said is the built in screen protector and the overall size of the case. The thing looks thick, and as a personal preference, I want to wait to see some real world pics comparing it to comparable cases out there. Having the extended battery life is awesome, but if I can't fit it in my pocket comfortably then that is a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Veritas4420

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't make sense to me. Amazon hasn't shipped any of these orders out yet. Heck, Amazon didn't even post it up until 11/27. Zerolemon themselves said they wouldn't be in Bastex's (their distributor) hands until 12/2. Something is off about this.....I don't see any difference or more detail in the xda pictures compared to Amazon. I just see more of them. But to each their own. I'll still hold out to see what options come in the future.

Also, I've had extended batteries for my SGSIIE4GT in the past, and there's always so much excitement and needing to post reviews right away when you get them put in. They last forever!! 3+ days!! etc, etc. I wanna see the reviews after 4-6months of use and charging. How the cells are holding up, usage time, etc. Cuz ZL appears to just wire 3 separate batteries together and wraps them up in white packaging....the batt's any good after an extended period of time? Anyone currently have ZL they've been using for a minute and can expound on how it's held up? I'd prefer one solid Li-ion 10,000mah battery to three separate just wired together. Not knocking, just my opinion. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Mugen and Seidio are the only true solid state batteries....

I had a ZL extended on my Note 2 for around 7 months and was still getting 14-15 hours of screen time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret