Please help.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Every time im browsing the phone and I received a message to viber, line, and all the chat apps I get this effing message. Its so annoying that I cannot multi task anymore.
While facebooking or reading forums and someone viber me. This is what happened and my phone freeze for a moment

9epyqy7y.jpg

u5a8una4.jpg

i love my note 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My guess is the app doesn't like something with the Note 3, or 4.3, or both. Have you been hitting the report button?

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Viber however, after reading other forums what every one including a Viber tech advised is to completely uninstall the application and reinstall it again.... here is what the tech wrote
Hi there,
This is Viber's rep, I'm here to help.

@baneful00 - Please try to uninstall>reinstall and make sure you have the latest version of Viber : 2.3.5

Let us know if the issue persists.
Thanks,
Viber Team

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I think with the latest software update the phone is starting to freeze up every now and then. Maybe someone can confirm this here?

Sent From Samsung Note 3

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think its viber only. When I use Facebook or chrome and someone texted me on line it atopped and freeze too. It means everytime im using my phone and received a text my phone juat freeze and that app will stopped.

i love my note 3

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Viber however, after reading other forums what every one including a Viber tech advised is to completely uninstall the application and reinstall it again.... here is what the tech wrote
Hi there,
This is Viber's rep, I'm here to help.

@baneful00 - Please try to uninstall>reinstall and make sure you have the latest version of Viber : 2.3.5

Let us know if the issue persists.
Thanks,
Viber Team

My viber is version 4.0

i love my note 3

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with the mail app because I removed my magazine with root. (I know my magazine has nothing to do with mail but the stock mail app doesn't function very well without it)

Did you delete any apps? Maybe that's the reason why your other apps became unstable.

Posted via Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
From what you explained and the pics you posted, it's not a Viber issue IMO. It's an issue somewhere else in the OS, or another app causing Google Play, Viber and other apps to act up. Have you disabled any apps on the phone? Have you enabled Developer mode and something in it? There are fixes for both of these if that's the case. If not, I'm suspecting it's an app that you downloaded and is creating issues within your OS.

You could start by listing the apps you have installed - and uninstalling them one by one until you find the offending app...

There are any number of things that could be causing your issue, but IMO, it's an app..

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so, that may have a lot to do with it. When I start having issues on my device, I tend to start rolling back on the customizations until I find a setting that's stable enough for my liking. Then again, I stopped rooting for the very reason. I could never find a good combination/rom that gave me what I wanted out of a rom, and by the time someone found out the optimal setting for the rom, by that point it's no longer your rom, it's someone else's rom.

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I feel for the OP.

Chrome, Opera Classic, Boat and the native browsers frequently crash when I receive any form of notification.

This has been happening since my Note 3 was 100% stock/unmolested.

I do not have Viber, nor have I ever used it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

anon(8163701)

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
im new to android coming from ios. i have my note 3 for a month now. i believe the culprit is something you install recently before that problem show up. Before that happens what application did you install? Anyway im just new and thats my opinion only :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I feel for the OP.

Chrome, Opera Classic, Boat and the native browsers frequently crash when I receive any form of notification.

I noticed the OP's screenshot shows different fonts on her screen. That could be one reason for the crashing. If a notification is trying to display a notification under certain conditions, but the app doesn't see those conditions present, I could see it crashing. Also there could be a permissions issue that's causing the crash. Just a few things to look into.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
From what you explained and the pics you posted, it's not a Viber issue IMO. It's an issue somewhere else in the OS, or another app causing Google Play, Viber and other apps to act up. Have you disabled any apps on the phone? Have you enabled Developer mode and something in it? There are fixes for both of these if that's the case. If not, I'm suspecting it's an app that you downloaded and is creating issues within your OS.

You could start by listing the apps you have installed - and uninstalling them one by one until you find the offending app...

There are any number of things that could be causing your issue, but IMO, it's an app..

I have too many apps and I dont know which one is causing. I'll try to remember what was the last app I downloaded before the problem.
My phone is not rooted. I disabled some apps and I dont know which one is causing the problem.
I used to change fonts every now and then since I got the phone but I don't experience this annoying crashes.

i love my note 3

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I feel for the OP.

Same with me. Everytime I received notifications even om instagram my phone freeze and said the instagram has stopped.

i love my note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc