When using headphones to listen to music or a movie, notification sounds (for like incoming email), still go through the regular speakers (not the headphones). Has anyone else run into this? Is this something that can be tweaked in settings, that I missed?

I have to manually mute other sounds, while using headphones for now. I saw an old thread, on another forum, for this happening on a different Samsung phone, but no resolution offered.
    11-22-2013 09:59 AM
    Yeah, it usually happens to me when listening to music. Thought I was alone. Anyway, think its a manufacturer's glitch.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    11-22-2013 10:04 AM
    Yeah, it's one of my annoyance with the GN3.. And I'm coming from an iPhone, not sure why notification sounds come through both... And even when it's connected via bluetooth, it still does it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    11-22-2013 10:51 AM
    This has been a trait of Android.

Via my Note 3
    mrwallyy likes this.
    11-22-2013 11:15 AM
    For me, it is the opposite. When I am listening to music over the wired headphones, the music suddenly comes out of the speaker (even though I have the music volume at 0 for speaker) and the notification plays over the headphones.

When I am listening to my Bluetooth headphones, the notifications come out of the speaker, and the headphones. The music does not come out of the speaker.

I can't say it is an Android thing, as this never happened when running CyanogenMod on my EVO, nor my GS3. Alas, my GS5 is ATT... I miss being able to turn my phone upside-down and being able to use the volume controls to advance the track. Having to wake up my phone just to advance the track is a nuisance. I also miss being able to hit play on my BT headphones and have it start playing through my default player. Now, it just does nothing. I have to unlock the phone just to start some music.

So far, I am not remotely impressed with Samsung's software. I only ran it for about an hour on my GS3.

My apologies - I followed the link here thinking this was regarding Galaxy S5 audio issues. Ignore me.
    04-23-2014 05:25 PM