Looks like we could have a release date of January 2014 for kit kat on the note 3 and s4 Leaked Samsung schedule has KitKat hitting Galaxy S 4, Galaxy Note 3 in January, last year’s device in March or April | TalkAndroid.com

Posted via Android Central App
    vzw8830 likes this.
    11-22-2013 11:15 AM
    ATT will probably release kit kat in January 2015!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    11-22-2013 11:17 AM
    Awesome.. But then carriers have the final decision on who's to have the update and when it will happen, right?

I do like the fact there's some information on what's in store for Samsung devices..

11-22-2013 11:21 AM
    So being new to Android and major release upgrade like 4.3 -> 4.4, how much re-setup is involved? I assume it's not like a complete factory reset (I hope!) but how much customization / changes in default settings do you usually have to go back and fix after the upgrade?
    11-22-2013 11:26 AM
    ATT will probably release kit kat in January 2015!

Sad but probably true!

11-22-2013 11:59 AM
    Gadgetdude - no worries, upgrade will almost certainly be smooth. From a really high level... You'll download the files (I always do it at home on wifi), Android with install, your Note will reboot, and you'll be set.

Carriers are notorious for taking their time testing upgrades, I would not expect this Jan 1. But great that we are at least on the radar.
    11-22-2013 12:58 PM
    Gadgetdude - no worries, upgrade will almost certainly be smooth. From a really high level... You'll download the files (I always do it at home on wifi), Android with install, your Note will reboot, and you'll be set.

Carriers are notorious for taking their time testing upgrades, I would not expect this Jan 1. But great that we are at least on the radar.
    Whew - good to hear I'm having way too much fun tweaking this thing and frankly have forgotten half of the changes I've made.
    11-22-2013 01:47 PM
    I wonder if it was "accidentally" released so that those doing some Xmas shopping would not feel that they were buying a device that wouldn't be up to date. Granted, I don't know of many people that would ask "Is this phone going to have Android's most up to date operating system come Xmas?" as a question when comparison shopping phones.
    11-22-2013 02:12 PM
    I've been having a lot of problems since I downloaded the update that I think was from Verizon. Is it the same uograde? So once I started having these problems I called tech support for Verizon and she said it was most likely the update bc they have had known problems with that update. Would this update coming soon fix the problems? The issues I've been having is force shutting out of apps expecially Internet. The s sketch app won't even open. I cant close all my pages on the Internet with the close all button. I all of a sudden get " unfortunately walgreens stopped working when I wasn't even using the app. I can't get any mms messages. It has a tab to click and download and when I do it takes forever and then doesn't download. Battery and reception are horrible. Yesterday I only got not even 4 hours on the phone before I had to put it on the charger. Anyone else having these ussie? Did you also download the update a couple weeks ago?

11-23-2013 10:35 AM