12-26-2013 02:24 AM
119 ... 2345
tools
    Lol. For me it's the other way around. Have school during the week so I use it for maybe a max of 2 hours. Weekends I use it for 3-4.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah tomorrow I'll go to work with a full battery and screenshot it later in the afternoon. It gets rocked.. I use lots of data.. Streaming movies.. And have 2-3 people tethered to me.. It gets owned during work :P.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    11-26-2013 07:42 PM
    If you're making Phone calls with a 6.7" phone you have issues

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    Back in the 80z it was cool to have a brick. I guess some people like it old school haha.

Sent from my LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)
    11-26-2013 08:23 PM
    I tell everyone who asks me if i like the phone the same thing.

If you can handle the size, in hand and in your pocket this is the best phone you can buy. Period.

If its too big then this is not the category you should be considering phones in. Move over to an S4 or One.

I was worried the phone would be too big to handle, but after a week i was used to it. No regrets here.
    DS1331 and monsieurms like this.
    11-26-2013 09:52 PM
    Went from a Note2 to S4....constantly swapping between the 2 as I found the S4 too small for all its grandness. Finally decided to sell my S4 and trade N2 up to the N3...best decision I ever made (apart from the one deciding to leave iOS behind)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    11-27-2013 08:59 PM
    Went from a Note2 to S4....constantly swapping between the 2 as I found the S4 too small for all its grandness. Finally decided to sell my S4 and trade N2 up to the N3...best decision I ever made (apart from the one deciding to leave iOS behind)

The Note 3 is a nice phone. HOWEVER, its the phone that made me start keeping two phones (and two lines). For all its sliqness, sometimes I wanted something different...smaller...simpler.

OptimuS G Pro
    Ja5o likes this.
    11-27-2013 11:49 PM
    Running my 9900 alongside my new toy

11-28-2013 03:04 AM
    The Note 3 is a nice phone. HOWEVER, its the phone that made me start keeping two phones (and two lines). For all its sliqness, sometimes I wanted something different...smaller...simpler.

OptimuS G Pro
    I get that, actually, as much as I lust for this screen size. For me, though, I don't actually use my phones that much as a phone. (!) MP3 player, ebook reader, video player, review documents, internet browsing....screen real estate is good.
    11-28-2013 06:42 AM

OptimuS G Pro
    I used to be an S series user (EPIC 4G and S3) and carried a 10 inch tablet. For me, the whole point of switching to the Note series was to consolidate to one device. I loved the convenience of a tablet (much better than lugging my laptop or carrying a clipboard and paper), but I was afraid to lay it down anyway for fear of damage or theft (I ended up selling it to someone who dropped broke it a week later...lol). The Note was a tablet I could just drop in my pocket and was the phone I was carrying anyway.
    11-28-2013 07:34 AM
    For one handed use yes the s4 wins hands down. I bought the note for the specs and i figured I would get used to the size and I have. I also got it to prevent one handed use. I was a habitual text and drive person. This phone is my therapy for not doing it. Lol

In certain cases I do wish it were one hand friendly but then I see people already seeing lag in the sgs4 and also complain about the screen brightness in the daylight and that makes me happy of my decision.

I used to think the s4 was huge. Now it looks tiny to me lol

Sent from my gameboy color
    CNParrish likes this.
    11-28-2013 08:09 AM
    I own them both as well as the S3 and the Note 3 is by far my favorite. You can use it one handed if you choose as it has that option as mentioned above. The S pen is a great feature that I use all the time. But most importantly, with either phone you mentioned, there is so much more you can have and do with them over an iPhone. So for me the Note 3 is superior to the S4.
    11-28-2013 10:11 AM
    with the new back and sides of the N3 it is much easier to hold lower down which kinda lets you hold it one handed. And l wrote this post whilst on the train using the stylus! Awesome handwriting recognition. Best phone ever, period.

11-28-2013 04:19 PM
    True but at some point a line has to be drawn. By that logic in 2 years people will be carrying around a 8 plus inch smartphone.
    My 3g Note 10.1 is an awesome phone. I often use it as a phone just because of the deal with a carrier's sim - it always gets a laugh if I hold it against my ear! Absolutely loving my new Note 3 though, can't put it down.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-28-2013 04:50 PM
    I used to be an S series user (EPIC 4G and S3) and carried a 10 inch tablet. For me, the whole point of switching to the Note series was to consolidate to one device. I loved the convenience of a tablet (much better than lugging my laptop or carrying a clipboard and paper), but I was afraid to lay it down anyway for fear of damage or theft (I ended up selling it to someone who dropped broke it a week later...lol). The Note was a tablet I could just drop in my pocket and was the phone I was carrying anyway.
    I love having multiple phones & tablets as I can run a different setup on each. One launcher on one, a different ROM and launcher on another, a different launcher and ROM on another. All in good fun.

gp8.3
    11-28-2013 05:26 PM
    I love having multiple phones & tablets as I can run a different setup on each. One launcher on one, a different ROM and launcher on another, a different launcher and ROM on another. All in good fun.

gp8.3
    You sound like like I did with cars 20 years ago.
    11-28-2013 08:24 PM
    The S4 is completely outclassed by the Note 3, so no not really. I personally bought the Note 3 to be a 2-in-1 device, and it's exceeded my expectations. It's not all that convenient to use one handed, but I didn't want a one handed device so it doesn't bother me at all. The thing that completely seals the deal for me is that I have it on the $30 T-Mobile 5GB data/Unlimited messaging/100 minute plan. Couldn't be any happier.
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-28-2013 08:41 PM
    You sound like like I did with cars 20 years ago.
    My wife doesn't like my gadget sickness. I tell her it could be worse...I could have a motorcycle.

ogP
    SalixIncendium likes this.
    11-29-2013 01:55 AM
    My brother, an apple fan boy, brought his iPhone 5 yesterday, and damn is that thing tiny. It felt like a small toy, which granted it's an iPhone....but man the N3 has ruined me for puny phones....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-29-2013 07:29 AM
    I went from the s4 to the Note3. Have not sold the s4 back yet and picked it up. Felt way too small. depends on what you do with the phone though. I didn't use the s4 for reading books or watching movies but I use the note3 for both sometimes.
    UJ95x likes this.
    11-29-2013 01:38 PM
    I have somewhat small hands, but Android offers so many options to make one hand operation a breeze. Install Nova launcher pro and set up gestures, both on the desktop as well as in the dock. Switchr makes switching apps a joy and terribly convenient. Finally, a decent keyboard like SwiftKey does support several modes, like compact, which added to flow makes typing with one hand's thumb amazingly easy.

Don't give up, try some and other options and you will get the benefits of the amazing screen and operation as easy, or more, than the iPhone's.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    11-29-2013 03:09 PM
    nope, did not like the s4 that much to begin with, but it was the first samsung phone to get my attention, but the note 3 was the one that i bought since it is better. imo.
    11-29-2013 05:06 PM
    I went from the s4 to the Note3. Have not sold the s4 back yet and picked it up. Felt way too small. depends on what you do with the phone though. I didn't use the s4 for reading books or watching movies but I use the note3 for both sometimes.
    The Note will ruin anything lol. Not just iPhones. Used one a few weeks ago at Best Buy and my S4 felt tiny afterwards
    I'm actually thinking about going smaller though

11-29-2013 07:20 PM
    I went to the store today and checked out an S4 again. Yes...Even the S4 deemed small now. I think I will keep the Note 3 after all. Today was the end of my 14 day period with At&t. I think part of my problem was that I had a cheap case on it that I got from eBay. The case added too much bulk. I want to get a good quality bumper case so that I can reduce bulk. The phone is surprisingly thin and more manageable without the crappy case I bought.

I've got a 32gb S4 with your name on it if you change your mind and want to trade
    11-29-2013 07:28 PM
    I've got a 32gb S4 with your name on it if you change your mind and want to trade
    I'll trade you for my 16GB S4

Sophos likes this.
    11-29-2013 07:49 PM
    I'll trade you for my 16GB S4

I'll trade you for my HTC Rezound with broken screen plus Beats earphones!!!! OMGBBQ!! 111!!!!eleveneleventy!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
    11-30-2013 08:55 AM
    Lol

11-30-2013 12:44 PM
119 ... 2345