Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Anyone else wish they bought the galaxy S4 instead?

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone else wish they bought the galaxy S4 instead?

Never said it was not permitted. Lol, nice twist. I said in most cases,, NOT ALL,, you probably shouldn't be doing it. I have watched dozens and dozens of videos of people getting hurt doing just that.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Whenever someone pulls a dumba$$ maneuver on the road, there's usually a cell phone involved.

If it makes you feel any better, I was standing right in someone's way while making my point in my last post...

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

If it feels too big and you are within your 14 day trial period just swap it out. If not sell your note 3 and buy an s4. You would make some money on that deal. I think the note 3 is an awesome device but as stated it's not for everybody. It's entirely too large for me to consider and it may be for you as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Mrlovkim

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Nope love my Note 3. Last year I could of got the note 2 but settled for the S3 and kicked myself. Not that the S3 stunk or anything it was great phone and still have it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

If it feels too big and you are within your 14 day trial period just swap it out. If not sell your note 3 and buy an s4. You would make some money on that deal. I think the note 3 is an awesome device but as stated it's not for everybody. It's entirely too large for me to consider and it may be for you as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's was funny lol. Hey,, I'm just as guilty as the next person for doing something stupid with a phone in ny hand.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's was funny lol. Hey,, I'm just as guilty as the next person for doing something stupid with a phone in ny hand.

You mean like quoting the wrong post? :p

Geir Friis

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I traded my S4 for my Note 3 and didn't look back. Took a little getting used to the size, but it has become my favorite computer ever. Like many others have implied, the Note 3 becomes very endearing with use. Let us hear back from you after two weeks. Bet you will have changed your mind:)

I just got the note 3. I don't mine android at all. I wanted a larger screen than the tiny screen on the iPhone 5 I had. I'm thinking the Note is a little too big. I like the big screen but it's hard to operate the phone one-handed. Kind of wishing I went with the S4 instead. Anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

No, but I'm probably not the ideal person to answer your question. I've had every Galaxy S phone and every Note phone, so I not only know what I'm getting into, but I'm also used to the sizes of the devices.

I use the two different phone types for different things and really don't consider them to be in the same class. My personal opinion is that the Note 3 balances better in the hand slightly better than the S4 does so even though the S4 is smaller, it may not be any easier to use with one hand. The type of case that you have on your Note 3 may affect usability, as well. While I prefer the functionality of the S-View cover, the Note 3 is easier to use with the TPU cover that I had on it before I got the S-View cover.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

For me, the times when I prefer more screen exceed the times when I wish I had a smaller and more manageable phone. Also, keep in mind the s4 is less advanced, if only by 6 months or so.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I just got the note 3. I don't mine android at all. I wanted a larger screen than the tiny screen on the iPhone 5 I had. I'm thinking the Note is a little too big. I like the big screen but it's hard to operate the phone one-handed. Kind of wishing I went with the S4 instead. Anyone else?

Nope no regrets. Return your phone and get something else. If you're having regrets now, things probably won't change much later.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

To move from the Note 3 to the S4 seems like an odd move given the other devices available today.

G Pad 8.3

Dharma Jairam

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I went to the store today and checked out an S4 again. Yes...Even the S4 deemed small now. I think I will keep the Note 3 after all. Today was the end of my 14 day period with At&t. I think part of my problem was that I had a cheap case on it that I got from eBay. The case added too much bulk. I want to get a good quality bumper case so that I can reduce bulk. The phone is surprisingly thin and more manageable without the crappy case I bought.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't know what it is but I'm not a fan of the S series, after 3-4 weeks I gave the S3 to my Mother and sold the S4.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 5

The note 3 is big? The Samsung mega is 6.7 inches.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

If you're making Phone calls with a 6.7" phone you have issues

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

If you're making Phone calls with a 6.7" phone you have issues

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Na. Not issues. That's what headsets are for. It is entertaining to see someone holding those things up to their heads but I'm all for enjoying that entertainment.

G Pad 8.3

Last edited:

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I went to the store today and checked out an S4 again. Yes...Even the S4 deemed small now. I think I will keep the Note 3 after all. Today was the end of my 14 day period with At&t. I think part of my problem was that I had a cheap case on it that I got from eBay. The case added too much bulk. I want to get a good quality bumper case so that I can reduce bulk. The phone is surprisingly thin and more manageable without the crappy case I bought.

I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid case and really like it. Quite slim and good quality. Just my opinion.