Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Anyone else wish they bought the galaxy S4 instead?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The Note 3 is a nice phone. HOWEVER, its the phone that made me start keeping two phones (and two lines). For all its sliqness, sometimes I wanted something different...smaller...simpler.

OptimuS G Pro

I get that, actually, as much as I lust for this screen size. For me, though, I don't actually use my phones that much as a phone. (!) MP3 player, ebook reader, video player, review documents, internet browsing....screen real estate is good. ;)

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is a nice phone. HOWEVER, its the phone that made me start keeping two phones (and two lines). For all its sliqness, sometimes I wanted something different...smaller...simpler.

OptimuS G Pro

I used to be an S series user (EPIC 4G and S3) and carried a 10 inch tablet. For me, the whole point of switching to the Note series was to consolidate to one device. I loved the convenience of a tablet (much better than lugging my laptop or carrying a clipboard and paper), but I was afraid to lay it down anyway for fear of damage or theft (I ended up selling it to someone who dropped broke it a week later...lol). The Note was a tablet I could just drop in my pocket and was the phone I was carrying anyway.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
For one handed use yes the s4 wins hands down. I bought the note for the specs and i figured I would get used to the size and I have. I also got it to prevent one handed use. I was a habitual text and drive person. This phone is my therapy for not doing it. Lol

In certain cases I do wish it were one hand friendly but then I see people already seeing lag in the sgs4 and also complain about the screen brightness in the daylight and that makes me happy of my decision.

I used to think the s4 was huge. Now it looks tiny to me lol

Sent from my gameboy color

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I own them both as well as the S3 and the Note 3 is by far my favorite. You can use it one handed if you choose as it has that option as mentioned above. The S pen is a great feature that I use all the time. But most importantly, with either phone you mentioned, there is so much more you can have and do with them over an iPhone. So for me the Note 3 is superior to the S4.

Ja5o

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
with the new back and sides of the N3 it is much easier to hold lower down which kinda lets you hold it one handed. And l wrote this post whilst on the train using the stylus! Awesome handwriting recognition. Best phone ever, period.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone else wish they bought the galaxy S4 instead?

True but at some point a line has to be drawn. By that logic in 2 years people will be carrying around a 8 plus inch smartphone.

My 3g Note 10.1 is an awesome phone. I often use it as a phone just because of the deal with a carrier's sim - it always gets a laugh if I hold it against my ear! Absolutely loving my new Note 3 though, can't put it down.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I used to be an S series user (EPIC 4G and S3) and carried a 10 inch tablet. For me, the whole point of switching to the Note series was to consolidate to one device. I loved the convenience of a tablet (much better than lugging my laptop or carrying a clipboard and paper), but I was afraid to lay it down anyway for fear of damage or theft (I ended up selling it to someone who dropped broke it a week later...lol). The Note was a tablet I could just drop in my pocket and was the phone I was carrying anyway.

I love having multiple phones & tablets as I can run a different setup on each. One launcher on one, a different ROM and launcher on another, a different launcher and ROM on another. All in good fun.

gp8.3

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The S4 is completely outclassed by the Note 3, so no not really. I personally bought the Note 3 to be a 2-in-1 device, and it's exceeded my expectations. It's not all that convenient to use one handed, but I didn't want a one handed device so it doesn't bother me at all. The thing that completely seals the deal for me is that I have it on the $30 T-Mobile 5GB data/Unlimited messaging/100 minute plan. Couldn't be any happier.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My brother, an apple fan boy, brought his iPhone 5 yesterday, and damn is that thing tiny. It felt like a small toy, which granted it's an iPhone....but man the N3 has ruined me for puny phones....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I went from the s4 to the Note3. Have not sold the s4 back yet and picked it up. Felt way too small. depends on what you do with the phone though. I didn't use the s4 for reading books or watching movies but I use the note3 for both sometimes.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I have somewhat small hands, but Android offers so many options to make one hand operation a breeze. Install Nova launcher pro and set up gestures, both on the desktop as well as in the dock. Switchr makes switching apps a joy and terribly convenient. Finally, a decent keyboard like SwiftKey does support several modes, like compact, which added to flow makes typing with one hand's thumb amazingly easy.

Don't give up, try some and other options and you will get the benefits of the amazing screen and operation as easy, or more, than the iPhone's.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
nope, did not like the s4 that much to begin with, but it was the first samsung phone to get my attention, but the note 3 was the one that i bought since it is better. imo.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I went from the s4 to the Note3. Have not sold the s4 back yet and picked it up. Felt way too small. depends on what you do with the phone though. I didn't use the s4 for reading books or watching movies but I use the note3 for both sometimes.

The Note will ruin anything lol. Not just iPhones. Used one a few weeks ago at Best Buy and my S4 felt tiny afterwards
I'm actually thinking about going smaller though :p

Posted via Android Central App

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I went to the store today and checked out an S4 again. Yes...Even the S4 deemed small now. I think I will keep the Note 3 after all. Today was the end of my 14 day period with At&t. I think part of my problem was that I had a cheap case on it that I got from eBay. The case added too much bulk. I want to get a good quality bumper case so that I can reduce bulk. The phone is surprisingly thin and more manageable without the crappy case I bought.

Posted via Android Central App

I've got a 32gb S4 with your name on it if you change your mind and want to trade ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz