Battery Drain While Playing Games

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Does any one else have this issue while playing games on the note 3? I will play a game on my phone, and the battery will drain very quickly. I have notced that some games more than others, will drain the battery more, such as Plants vs Zombies, or Bloon Tower Defense. But even though my 4G is off, and brightness is set to low, the battery drains a lot. Is it using all 4 cores to play the games, causing major battery drain?

I can watch youtube videos for about 5-6 hours straight with 4G on, and medium brightness, and battery will drain from 100% to 30% and it is normal, I understand this. But if I play a game, for 2-3 hours, it has the same battery drain effect, even on low brightness and 4G off.

:(

So what I am asking is: Any one else's battery drain faster while playing games?

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if I play Asphalt 7 for a while, the battery drains a lot. Simpler, more casual games don't seem to do the same thing though. So I think it's normal for the more complex games to require more battery power to run, probably because they have a lot more to calculate in order to run the games and fancy graphics and such in real time. I don't play a lot of games though, so maybe others who do have more and/or better information about games and battery drain.

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, when I play Clash of Clans my battery drains very fast so I try to play with thw phone plugged in and charging.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Does any one else have this issue while playing games on the note 3? I will play a game on my phone, and the battery will drain very quickly. I have notced that some games more than others, will drain the battery more, such as Plants vs Zombies, or Bloon Tower Defense. But even though my 4G is off, and brightness is set to low, the battery drains a lot. Is it using all 4 cores to play the games, causing major battery drain?

I can watch youtube videos for about 5-6 hours straight with 4G on, and medium brightness, and battery will drain from 100% to 30% and it is normal, I understand this. But if I play a game, for 2-3 hours, it has the same battery drain effect, even on low brightness and 4G off.

So what I am asking is: Any one else's battery drain faster while playing games?

I am not a gamer, but I like looking at movies and doing other things on my Note 3 at the same time..Battery drain when doing that is more than usual. However, since the Note 3 does have the great feature of removable battery, and can be done in less than 30 seconds, I carry a spare battery. Only had to do it once.. IMO, heavy users should have a spare battery and/or and extended battery. I don't like the extended jobs, but each to their own. These knock-off clones batteries cost me $17, they don't have the NFC antenna, at least I think they don't, but they last just as long as the OEM battery, and I get a wall charger too.

Amazon.com: Caseology 2 X 3200 mAh Li-ion Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Travel Wall Charger with USB Port (Non-NFC) [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Playing games on phones will drain it faster than most things. The processor has to work alot harder to draw graphics versus just drawing an app with text and a few images.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies , and i know that playing games, require more preocessing power, but i dont remember, my previous phones having such an issue as bad as this one.

Vandra Bannister

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site

I can play one game of candy-crush-saga on my tablet and it drains from 100% to 3%, I have uninstall Ed games, re_installed and done a factory reset, no joy, any answers please

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante