Screen Burn on Note 3?

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Due to poor eye sight I always run my phone displays on full brightness. Also my job, (driving concrete mixer) requires me to use GPS alot. My current phone is an HTC evo lte which sits in a suction cup mount on the windshield and is on and plugged in all day.

I really love the brightness and punchy colors on the N3 - but I'm really worried about screen burn. My b.I.l. (works with me doing same thing) has the Samsung s2 and his phone has really bad burn.

I was also considering the one Max but the screen doesn't seem bright enough for me. It didn't even seem as bright as my ElteVO.

Should I get the N3 or do you think I'm going to have screen burn issues?

Thank You,
Jack

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. I leave mine on full brightness all day long and also use gps a lot and steam music as I drive all day as well. Not a problem here.

Rockin my Note 3

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Brightness shouldn't be an issue. Leaving the same screen image on for l-o-n-g periods of time will. (Turn it off.) Several sales folks say some of their in-store demos get this, because the demos stay on all day every day.

If it does happen, there are a couple apps that may help - search "screen burn in" in the Play Store. Also rumored to help is a completely white screen for periods of time. Use all these cautiously.

I'd be more inclinded to try to return it under warantee if possible.

Good luck.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Never had an issue with the S2, Note 2, S4 and now Note 3... No burn-in whatsoever. And Gorilla works, too! Never had a scratch! :)

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been on 3 hour trips, static GPS screen on the whole time and had no problems with burn in. I had all kinds of burn in on my gnex but not on the note 3. Just for added insurance i now turn the screen off unless i need it. Saves battery and i don't need the onscreen help when there is no changes in route for 30+ minutes. I wouldn't be concerned, especially if you click the screen off when you don't need it.

daniellep.84

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I had burn in on my note 1 and note 2 face book caused it all the blue in the app i warrentied them and the replacments did it too.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

boatman1069

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I had burn on my s2 but it was only the top of the screen where the clock and signal strength meter was..But this only showed after 2 years of use...

I remember reading somewhere its the blue leds that go weaker first.

I suppose if you get burn in the first year it should be covered under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I too am worried a bit about burn in. Do you think running live wallpapers would help prevent this? Is there anyway to hide the notification bar or auto hide it so its not there all the time?
Thanks

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Due to poor eye sight I always run my phone displays on full brightness. Also my job, (driving concrete mixer) requires me to use GPS alot. My current phone is an HTC evo lte which sits in a suction cup mount on the windshield and is on and plugged in all day.

I really love the brightness and punchy colors on the N3 - but I'm really worried about screen burn. My b.I.l. (works with me doing same thing) has the Samsung s2 and his phone has really bad burn.

I was also considering the one Max but the screen doesn't seem bright enough for me. It didn't even seem as bright as my ElteVO.

Should I get the N3 or do you think I'm going to have screen burn issues?

Thank You,
Jack

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Don't know if this will help...The N3 has a screen saver build into it...it's the Dream option...acts like a screen saver
Good Luck

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

tidalwarrior

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I think that would be a good idea. I would recommend the following combination:

- - - Live wallpaper (uses more battery but there are some really cool ones out there). Some have it when where you scroll right to left, it moves throughout the scene, so your background will be changing frequently.

- - - I use Nova launcher to replace the home screen and it gives you the option to hide the notification panel and turn it back on with a shortcut or gesture.

- - - Set screen to lower time out.

I was really close to getting the Note 2 but decided to go with the HTC DNA due to the brighter screen and no burn in issues.