Keyboard Autocorrect

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to turn on autocorrect on the stock keyboard when searching in the browser or something? Also, if I use flow while Google searching it doesn't insert any spaces, same for the handwriting mode. Any fixes?

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd... Mine does autocorrect wherever I'm typing. HOWEVER, there are some apps that did something wrong with their text field settings, as all autocorrect and prediction features don't apply (like when you're typing in a password or credit card number). But the same happens when switching to SwiftKey, so it's gotta be the app...

As for the flow thing, I also just tried it and mine does insert spaces o_O So odd...

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, in the default browser and chrome the keyboard doesn't autocorrect.

I gave up on the Samsung keyboard. I like the number row but found that the swipe functionality isn't as accurate or quick as Swype. Also the keys are taller with Swype so easier to target.

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I like that the keys are spaced farther apart, makes touch typing more accurate. The samsung keyboard uses swiftkey flow, so I've never had any problems with it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I see what you mean now. You're right, it doesn't auto correct BUT that's the way it's intended to be. Why? Think about all those crazy addresses the Net goes by these days. Your phone will go bonkers trying to correct those weird sentences and abbreviations and you'll go nuts having to re-write every time your keyboard changes "att.com" for "at. Com" or "showmethemoney.co.uk" for "Show me the money. Cow".

It does, however, show you suggestions next to the word you're typing, but it doesn't automatically change it, you have to select the correction/prediction. I actually agree with the way that's handled for web addresses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34