Note 3 or Lgg2. . . I know not again

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I am a newbie and have narrowed my next phone to either the Note3 or the LGG2. I know all the pros and cons for each, have studied this for two months, but I am still undecided. Each time I think I have reached a decision, I will read or see something that makes me unsure. For example, I was just about to decide for the LG but then I keep hearing about the screen scrolling issues about the phone. Then when I was sure I was going to get the Note 3, I read about the Wi-Fi, charging, etc., issues. I realize that each phone will have issues, I? m just trying to figure out which one may have less and will hold up best since I have to live with it for two years. Anyone willing to add some more thoughts on one phone over the other? I have posted this here and also on the Lg page of the forum. I need to decide by the end of December.
Thanks so much
Techie5

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Since you're posting this question in a note 3 thread I'm guessing that you've already decided on the note 3 and just want some positive reinforcement....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I had a Note 3 for one week, returned and got the G2. IMO the G2 is a better device. The Note is very nice and if it were not for the G2 it would be my current phone. I prefer the buttonless experience of the G2 to that old school physical home button on the Note 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I prefer the Note 3. The screen was a big killer on the G2 for me. Not nearly as bright as the Note three. Plus I didn't like the overall look LG gave the G2. I know you can customize the phone though but just stock I prefer the Note 3 over the G2. Plus with the extra screen size and the S pen you cannot go wrong.

Rockin my Note 3

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site
all phones have issues go to the LG forum and I'm sure you'll see someone post about wifi issues or GPS E.T.C. my suggestion is try one of the phones for a few days most carriers give you 14 day return window.It's a matter of what is best for you .

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
After much research I was going to pull the trigger on the Note 3. However at the eleventh hour I went with the G2....The deciding factor came down to me wanting to use my device more less one handed and I did not care for having a stylus. I am a Samsung fan and loved my S3..but this go around the G2 fit my situation more. They are both top notch device's and the decision will boil down to how you use your phone and which one fits best into your lifestyle. I do not think you can make a bad decision when it comes to these devices.

Best of luck with your decision.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you want the biggest and baddest go with the Note 3. If you want the sliQest go with the G2. I've had both and chose the G2 and other tablets. If you're only looking to have one device I'd recommend the Note.

gp8.3

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
t love the G2 but being anal I just couldn't get over the poor UI even with Nova Launcher Prime, HD Widgets, etc. I even bought Icon packs (Nox, Kxnt, etc.) from the Play Store and still the LG's UI bothered me.

I love the Size, 5.2" is perfect, the Thin Bezel is amazing. Placing the Power & Volume Rockers at the back was a nice change and outstanding Battery Life, even though it's smaller than the Note 3 I think Samsung's Bloatware/TouchWiz just drains it much faster. Don't get me wrong I'm still getting 14 hours.

Too bad I'm not into Rooting, lazy and honestly looks complicated. :eek: I would've kept the G2 and run Vanilla (if it's available). :) or even better a Google Edition.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Since you're posting this question in a note 3 thread I'm guessing that you've already decided on the note 3 and just want some positive reinforcement....

not really. This is why I also said that I posted it over on LG page

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
note really. This is why I also said that I posted it over on LG page

Missed that. In that case I'm game....The note 3 is the choice here. The build quality is excellent and I rather enjoy the premium feel of the faux leather back.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Samsung I feel has better hw and sw. The note with the pen has more options and abilities. The button on the g2 is cool but I knew I'd use the pen more so I went with the note.

Sent from my gameboy color

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
The g2 is really not that cool. It was when they were free on contract on Verizon but the software is awful and spec wise it doesn't really best the note in any aspect. Not to mention the rear button is a terrible idea. Every time I pressed it, it felt like I was going to drop the phone

Posted via Android Central App

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Samsung fanboys apparently don't possess any attention to detail. If they did they would realize that the physical home button on their Note 3 looks like it was designed by a five year old. The home button on my Galaxy 4.2 Player is much better than the wobbly, loose button on a Note 3. And that cheap plastic chrome trim!!! That is made from the same plastic that cheap toys are made from. The screen and back cover (black model) of the Note 3 are superb but that's it. The rest of the device is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!!!

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The g2 is really not that cool. It was when they were free on contract on Verizon but the software is awful and spec wise it doesn't really best the note in any aspect. Not to mention the rear button is a terrible idea. Every time I pressed it, it felt like I was going to drop the phone

Posted via Android Central App

Well, that's certainly one perspective. When you had the G2 what did you dislike most?

gp8.3

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Samsung fanboys apparently don't possess any attention to detail. If they did they would realize that the physical home button on their Note 3 looks like it was designed by a five year old. The home button on my Galaxy 4.2 Player is much better than the wobbly, loose button on a Note 3. And that cheap plastic chrome trim!!! That is made from the same plastic that cheap toys are made from. The screen and back cover (black model) of the Note 3 are superb but that's it. The rest of the device is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!!!

And yet you're in a Note 3 forum. AWSOME!

Brownhornet34

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a G2 from AT&T for about five days I purchased without a contract the screen is excellent the button placement took some getting use to, great camera and great overall speed . I hated the UI but any custom launcher can make a difference. My big problem was inconscient battery performance. I complained to AT&T and got approved for early upgrade and stepped into a Note 3. Love the N3, size isn't an issue for me but I will say it's definitely a coat pocket phone buy no means should it be slipped into a suit pants pocket .lol I say Great phone this is coming from a reformed Samsung hater .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited: