Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - gorilla glass 3 or not?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Let's update this thread. Note 3 does have gorrila glass 3.
CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | SAMSUNG

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's cool, but just like a very knowledgeable poster has stated so well, I don't care if it has rhino, elephant or lion glass on it, I covered it with a tempered glass protector from the start. Plus I have a spare.. Oh, it is the knock off tempered glass too. :D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have said several times in this thread it is gorilla glass lol, even posted a pic of listed specs,, still know one wanted to believe it. Everybody else said no,, oh well nothing new here for me lol.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That's cool, but just like a very knowledgeable poster has stated so well, I don't care if it has rhino, elephant or lion glass on it, I covered it with a tempered glass protector from the start. Plus I have a spare.. Oh, it is the knock off tempered glass too. :D

Ha ha ha, all good. Someone pulled this thread in another thread to say "the note 3 did not have gorrila 3." So I figured I would just drop correct information. Note 3 doesn't have good glass......pffffft

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Gorilla Glass is mostly to prevent the inevitable shattering of the screen that every iPhone user that I personally know experiences at least once (I know at least 2 that have had 2 or more shattered screens). It is certainly not "scratchproof" but it is fairly scratch resistant. I had a Droid, a Droid X, and a Razr and, despite multiple face down drops on all three, never had so much as a crack. I even dropped the Razr with only a gel case face down on a fairly dirty parking lot from 3 feet. It even bounced a couple of times. It got a small, but prominent scrach, presumably from a pebble.

Gorilla Glass good.

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It has GG 3.

However, GG is not scratch proof, it's a fantasy to think it is.

Btw, Samsung is corning's largest stock holder, owns 7.4% of the company.

@T-Mobile GN3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It has GG 3.

However, GG is not scratch proof, it's a fantasy to think it is.

Btw, Samsung is corning's largest stock holder, owns 7.4% of the company.

@T-Mobile GN3

It's the same thing all the time . People say "I should not need a screen protector, it has gorilla glass". Few months later the same people are complaining that they found a scratch on their screen and you hear "it's Samsungs fault,, they did not use gorilla glass,, look,, I have a scratch". That's when the people like you and me say "gorilla glass is not scratch PROOF,,,,,,,,, it's scratch RESISTANT". there is a difference. That usually stirs up a long debate on whether or not the said device has gorilla glass or not and it always ends up with the answer YES, it is gorilla glass. Sorry about the rambling, it's Christmas,, I had a few glasses of wine lolol.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It's the same thing all the time . People say "I should not need a screen protector, it has gorilla glass". Few months later the same people are complaining that they found a scratch on their screen and you hear "it's Samsungs fault,, they did not use gorilla glass,, look,, I have a scratch". That's when the people like you and me say "gorilla glass is not scratch PROOF,,,,,,,,, it's scratch RESISTANT". there is a difference. That usually stirs up a long debate on whether or not the said device has gorilla glass or not and it always ends up with the answer YES, it is gorilla glass. Sorry about the rambling, it's Christmas,, I had a few glasses of wine lolol.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Strength of glass means nothing. Put a screen protector on or don't complain when it scratches..

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Strength of the glass means something. Strength of a tire means something. Strength of a car battery means something.

I've had 200 android phones at least, literally. Maybe 300. I can tell you from experience, they scratch easily regardless of the super awesome glass installed