Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - gorilla glass 3 or not?

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi All
I have been searching the internet everywhere and cannot find out whether the note3 has gg3. It seems strange that Samsung and Corning :eek: has this mum. Anyone one know and can show where they found this out?
Thanks
Techie5
:eek:

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: gorilla glass 3 or not?

I don't think it's Gorilla Glass at all, forget GGIII. People have reported scratching too easily for it to be GG. I think SamDung just decided to make more margin on a very hot selling phone and cheapen the quality is all.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I believe it is, as I've seen specs by third party informers stating so, but I can find no hard evidence by either Samsung or Corning.

I couldn't imagine why, given that all of its predecessors in both the S and Note series used the latest GG technology and that Samsung now owns 7% of its stock, they would use anything else on its latest flagship.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I believe it is, as I've seen specs by third party informers stating so, but I can find no hard evidence by either Samsung or Corning.

I couldn't imagine why, given that all of its predecessors in both the S and Note series used the latest GG technology and that Samsung now owns 7% of its stock, they would use anything else on its latest flagship.

I would think so too, but the fact that Samsung and Corning are quiet about this makes me think its not GG3. And that would be a huge disappointment

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I've learned that Samsung is incredibly slow at updating their website. I don't know about Corning, but looking at the age of their list, either they stopped using GG on smartphones, or they use the same webmaster as Samsung.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it's Gorilla Glass at all, forget GGIII. People have reported scratching too easily for it to be GG. I think SamDung just decided to make more margin on a very hot selling phone and cheapen the quality is all.

I've never had a phone that didn't scratch easily. The whole gorilla glass thing means absolutely nothing to me

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

People just want to believe gorilla glass is scratch proof,, it's not. It is scratch resistant. There is a difference.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

So, is it pretty much agreed that they did not use gg or gg3 on the note this year? Why wouldn't they put this info out somewhere for the consumer to know? And if its not gg or gg3, what do you think of the screen? How does it hold up to scratching? I am really gun shy to buy it without it. Thanks

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Well, it stinks if it does not have it. I don't understand why they would not. What are they using I wonder?

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem to be gorilla glass. This is the first phone that I've had that has scratched so easily. No idea how it happened but I have a noticeable scratch beside the home button. My nexus 4 never had a scratch, front or back!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jacobjs01

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
This is why I immediately put a tempered glass cover on mine. Best money spent on my device to date

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Well, it stinks if it does not have it. I don't understand why they would not. What are they using I wonder?

For me gg or not becomes just an interesting factoid - not a buying factor. I had a tempered glass screen protector ready to go when my GN3 arrived and went it went straight from factory seal to covered. I don't care if it is gorilla, rhino, or fraking cryptonite - it's going to get scratched so when it does I'll just replace the screen protector (cost me a whole $8 for a generic one and it is amazing...)

Last edited:

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

For me gg or not becomes just an interesting factoid - not a buying factor. I had a tempered glass screen protector ready to go when my GN3 arrived and went it went straight from factory seal to covered. I don't care if is gorilla, rhino, or fraking cryptonite - it's going to get scratched so when it does I'll just replace the screen protector (cost me a whole $8 for a generic one and it is amazing...)

Which one did you get and where?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have Mime Ghost glass. It is 27 Dollars but it a worth it . It is hard to scratch for what ever reason you need to replace it Mime gives you a nice discount to replace. You don't get that from the very inexpensive ones

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

I hear its not but it seem to hold up the best out of all the galaxy line in drop test. The worst part is the glass on the camera breaks really easy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay