Questions on a new note 3

Jeric Gorospe

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I will buy it tomorrow and I was wondering what should I do first?
Should I charge it even if it has still some remaining percentage of battery?
Should I drain it first? Before charging for a long time and for how long should I charge it?
Please note 3 users help me :)

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You should go ahead and use it.

None of the things you mention have any impact on the long term health of the battery. They are all leftover fears from older battery technologies.

You also don't have to worry about screen burn-in. :)

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

None of the things you mention have any impact on the long term health of the battery. They are all leftover fears from older battery technologies.

This is true

Rockin my Note 3

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

My buddies sg3 has screen burn. Have the amoled screens changed from that phone?

Sent from my gameboy color

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I will buy it tomorrow and I was wondering what should I do first?
Should I charge it even if it has still some remaining percentage of battery?
Should I drain it first? Before charging for a long time and for how long should I charge it?
Please note 3 users help me :)

Seriously *shakes head*... The battery is replaceale. Don't obsess... you will anyway won't you?

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Charge it until it's full? After, use it until it gets to be about 30 percent then recharge. This is what I do. :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The sg3 is one model back and it has the same screen. Only difference is brightness. Not screen type

Sent from my gameboy color

I beg to differ, in a friendly way.. :D

The SG3, and bested by the SG4, the SG4 is bested by the Note 3.. That is a clear 2 levels back.

The reason I say this, is because I was getting ready to get a Samsung Galaxy S3, but right along that time, the talk was all about the coming S4.. So, I waited, and waited, finally I got an S4.. However, the experts were screaming for a 32gb S4.. I listened to the experts, and returned my S4 and waited for a 32gb S4 from Tmobile. Glad I didn't hold my breath, because 4 months down the line, still Tmobile didn't offer a 32gb S4.. ATT, and Verizon did, but I don't like their plans..

Low and behold, the Note 3 appeared. Wasn't looking at other forums, because as far I knew, the S4 was the King, Anyway, read about the Note 3, and from reading, the Note 3 is an S4 on steriods.. :D

In summary, the S3 is at least a couple levels back.. :D

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Cell phone batteries most of them have a life of about 1000 cycles before they start degenerating. If you charge your phone once a day that's like 3 years

Posted via Android Central App
That's not entirely true - more like 400-500 cycles the way most people charge and discharge them, at best. To get 1000 cycles - you have to NEVER charge to full and NEVER discharge to under 20% or so. Maintaining a maximum charge of about 80-85% and NOT more is the only way to get to 1000 cycles. The tradeoff, is less battery time between cycles. You end up at close to the same end result in terms of time used on-battery, vs 100% charge and more "on-battery" time. If you want more detail on this, check out battery university online - here:

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

The SG3, and bested by the SG4, the SG4 is bested by the Note 3.. That is a clear 2 levels back.

The reason I say this, is because I was getting ready to get a Samsung Galaxy S3, but right along that time, the talk was all about the coming S4.. So, I waited, and waited, finally I got an S4.. However, the experts were screaming for a 32gb S4.. I listened to the experts, and returned my S4 and waited for a 32gb S4 from Tmobile. Glad I didn't hold my breath, because 4 months down the line, still Tmobile didn't offer a 32gb S4.. ATT, and Verizon did, but I don't like their plans..

Low and behold, the Note 3 appeared. Wasn't looking at other forums, because as far I knew, the S4 was the King, Anyway, read about the Note 3, and from reading, the Note 3 is an S4 on steriods.. :D

...and the Note 3 will still have burn-in - so your point is?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Just like the above poster stated it will still have burn in. The s3 is one behind the s4. The sgs and the sgn are two totally different devices. Like saying the new ford focus is 3 behind because there is a new fusion and mustang out.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
...and the Note 3 will still have burn-in - so your point is?

Oh, I forgot to add the S4 mini, throw that in there, and the will be a clear 3 levels back for the S3...

On the burn in, never experienced it myself, but then again, and I am a real newbie, cherry, and novice all together..:D

So, no burn in here, and if the burn in ever comes, I be too busy have fun to notice it!! :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just like the above poster stated it will still have burn in. The s3 is one behind the s4. The sgs and the sgn are two totally different devices. Like saying the new ford focus is 3 behind because there is a new fusion and mustang out.
Sent from my Gameboy Color

Naw, I wouldn't say that..S4 and Note3, IMO, are pushing the same path. The Note 3 came out 6 months later, so it topped the S4.. If they come with a S5, I am sure it will be the king daddy, and same with a Note 4...:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03