Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Quick Glance not working?

Jimmy Nguyen

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If I turn off the lockscreen option Screen lock to "None", it works. If I choose any other option including "Swipe" or "Pin", the bug persists.

Also tried turning off "Multiple widgets", still same problem.

The weird thing is if I go into the Air gestures > Quick glance > Try it , it works just fine. :confused:

kaotik_187

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem last week and I tried everything without having to factory wipe the phone (this was a last resort option for me). One of my final steps was to individually uninstall apps I had recently gotten, and checked if it works when the app isn't present. I did it with a couple apps and installed them right after figuring out that they were not the problem, since the issue persisted after uninstalling them. I finally uninstalled the VEVO app and found out that it was the problem. When the VEVO app is uninstalled quick glance worked smoothly. Upon reinstalling the app, the problem was back. So whoever is having this problem and recently updated or installed the VEVO app, I'm pretty sure that's your problem. If not, then we can pretty much assume that the problem is one that arises with some sort of app compatibility issues. I contacted the developers but no response yet. Maybe if others tell them about this problem they will make it priority and fix it in a future update! Hope this helps!

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem last week and I tried everything without having to factory wipe the phone (this was a last resort option for me). One of my final steps was to individually uninstall apps I had recently gotten, and checked if it works when the app isn't present. I did it with a couple apps and installed them right after figuring out that they were not the problem, since the issue persisted after uninstalling them. I finally uninstalled the VEVO app and found out that it was the problem. When the VEVO app is uninstalled quick glance worked smoothly. Upon reinstalling the app, the problem was back. So whoever is having this problem and recently updated or installed the VEVO app, I'm pretty sure that's your problem. If not, then we can pretty much assume that the problem is one that arises with some sort of app compatibility issues. I contacted the developers but no response yet. Maybe if others tell them about this problem they will make it priority and fix it in a future update! Hope this helps!

Thank you for taking the time to do this. ..

Posted via Android Central App

Jimmy Nguyen

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes, thank you for spending the time to do this! I uninstalled VEVO and it fixed the issue. You saved me a bunch of time and annoyance! :)

kaotik_187

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, thank you for spending the time to do this! I uninstalled VEVO and it fixed the issue. You saved me a bunch of time and annoyance! :)
Glad it helped. Took a little time to mess with but i figured it had to be one of the apps i installed or updated in the past days before the problem. Was the best thing to do, or else i would have wiped my phone and still had the problem after restoring everything back. Really annoying problem that i hope the developers can fix.

Tifosi3

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note III. I was having a problem with my quick glance as well. The person on this forum with the number 23 post had the answer to my issue. I also had the VEVO app on my phone. I just called Samsung and they could not help me. They told me to go to the store where I bought the phone. If anyone knows anything you know that is not the answer. However, I called my local carrier's store where I bought the phone and she pointed me to this site which helped BIG TIME! So I unistalled the VEVO app and now my quick glance is working seamlessly! This is the first time I have been on a forum. I will keep coming back here with any further issues in the future. THANK YOU!

bigmaj89

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the vevo app seems to be the issue thanks a bunch guys who needs customer care when we as a group of individuals can solve everything

*high fives the whole forum*

globurtz

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I finally uninstalled the VEVO app and found out that it was the problem. When the VEVO app is uninstalled quick glance worked smoothly. Upon reinstalling the app, the problem was back.

Thanks to you, I did not spend all my evening time to reinstall my S4. Thank you to have such a good investigation !

VanillaDeath

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem and uninstalling Vevo did the trick! Thank you for doing the research, kaotik_187! Fired off an email to the Vevo mobile team about the issue. Really strange that just having the app installed interferes with a device feature like that.

rlb60

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

Mian Murad Ali

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any VEVO app on my note 3. But the problem is still the same. Quick glance actually stop working after receiving sms or something, and after a restart, it works fine, and i'm fed up with restarting my phone so often. any idea what should i do other than VEVO app which isn't present on my note 3 :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair