Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I normally don't use the vibrate option on my Note 3. I just use audible notifications for everything. I'm looking for a quick way to change from audible to vibrate only, like I was able to do on my Blackberry's. I don't see how it's done on Android...
    11-30-2013 10:15 PM
    Unfortunately, Samsung disconected the ringer volume from notification volume, so press down on your volume button. When the volume appears on your screen tap the gear on the lower right of it and you can control all volumes from there; however in my opinion the best way to accomplish this is to get an app like tasker from the play store.

With it you you can setup a list of tasks to perform such as lower all volumes to vibrate. Then you place a widget for this task on your homescreen when you need the volumes lowered you simply tap that task widget and its done.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.
    11-30-2013 10:25 PM
    I normally don't use the vibrate option on my Note 3. I just use audible notifications for everything. I'm looking for a quick way to change from audible to vibrate only, like I was able to do on my Blackberry's. I don't see how it's done on Android...
    The easiest way I know to do it is to use this app/widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nttogglewidget it will allow you to go through the different modes with one or two taps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    12-01-2013 06:13 AM
    just swipe down from the notification bar and use the quick toggle. Hands down the easiest way

Attached Thumbnails Question regarding vibration-1385900743894.jpg  
    lindycu and putsometrebleinit like this.
    12-01-2013 06:28 AM
    just swipe down from the notification bar and use the quick toggle. Hands down the easiest way

Well now that's just awesome. Im uninstalling the app now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    kj11 likes this.
    12-01-2013 06:34 AM
    Learning new tricks all the time on the note. I am always pulling down the notification bar but had not paid attention to that one.

12-01-2013 07:07 AM
    Or just keep your thumb on the power button until the Device Options Menu comes up and select. "Vibrate" simples......

Posted via Android Central App
    12-01-2013 07:23 AM
    Or just keep your thumb on the power button until the Device Options Menu comes up and select. "Vibrate" simples......

Yep both options mention are the two most viable options

12-01-2013 08:18 AM
    As we all can see, there is a LARGE learning curve with the Note 3, very large. Even expert mobile users have to climb some part of the learning curve. Newbies like me, will swear something is wrong with the phone. I am seeing a lot of that..
    12-01-2013 10:36 AM
    Thanks for all the replies, but I already knew about the quick-select button. It however, doesn't solve my issue -

Here's my problem:

95% of the time, I want all notifications by SOUND ONLY and NO VIBRATION.

There is the odd time I want NOTIFICATIONS it by vibration, and it could be with, or without sound, I don't care.

There's no way that I can see by using the quick-select button that I can get this. If I turn vibration on in SETTINGS, it's always on with sound notification. I do not want vibration on for that 95% of the time.

The quick select button ONLY gives you:

1) VIBRATION ONLY
    2) SOUND & VIBRATION
    3) NOTHING AT ALL

It does NOT allow you to have SOUND ONLY,
    which is what I want most of the time.

I saw some apps that can do this, but they don't really work well and I would have assumed Android would have had this built in - it's so benign. Blackberry has had it forever.

Maybe I just don't know how to make this work, but it seems what I want isn't supported in the native OS without an app.

Earlier versions of Android had this built in - 4.3 doesn't seem to have this functionality. Having vibration on when I don't need just wastes battery.
    12-01-2013 02:45 PM
    Try this not sure if it will give you what you want but worth a shot. Go to settings then sound then go down to the checkbox beside vibrate when ringing and uncheck it.

12-01-2013 05:59 PM
    No, all that does is allow / disallow vibration concurrently with phone ringing. It doesn't stop vibe during sound notifications for text, e-mail etc...

The only way to stop vibration with notification is to turn vibration intensity all the way off. That's a 2-3 step process each time you want to do that...as opposed to Blackberry where you can do that by an extended press on the Q key on the keyboard, or on the Z series, a press on an icon.
    12-01-2013 06:15 PM
    I'm looking for a quick way to change from audible to vibrate only
    Uummm you can see why I'm confused, right?

12-01-2013 06:19 PM
    Definitely can see the issue here.

12-01-2013 06:34 PM
    Tasker can do it, but there is a learning curve with tasker and it is a paid app.

12-01-2013 06:41 PM
    Set audible alerts to not vibrate. Then when sound is on its sound only and when vibrate is on from drop down that's only on.

Sent from my gameboy color
    12-02-2013 12:28 AM
    That does not work. If you turn off vibrate on audible alerts, when you hit the vibrate button in the drop down, you get nothing; no sound and no vibration. That feature only works when you have vibrate on in the audible alerts.
    12-02-2013 04:27 AM