Unlocked Note 3 bought abroad

Ali Mirza

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
If i buy an unlocked Galaxy Note 3 from Africa how will i use it when i come to the US? Which carrier would simply let me buy a new sim and insert it into my phone and use all services?

Ali Mirza

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Just confirming: So with this I can buy any phone anywhere in the world and take it to AT&T and join the GoPhone plan and they will give me a sim and i can use it as a any normal sim? No monthly payments? No hidden bull****? Straight up pay $20, get $20 balance to use with your phone?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
well the phone must be unlocked and be compatible with AT&T's network and system. most unlocked GSM phones will work but you should check for compatibility first before you buy. i am using a Nexus 5 (US Version). no contract. you pay month to month and end it when you like with no early termination fee. the service minutes/data expire after a certain period of time if you do not use them - i THINK it might be something like 90 days.

good luck.

Ali Mirza

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
How do i check if an unlocked Note 3 will support AT&T's network and systems? This plan sounds perfect but i don't know if it will work with the Note 3 i want to buy from here :/

Ali Mirza

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i was deciding between Note 3 or Nexus 5 but:
1) they don't have the Nexus 5 here yet,
2) I heard the battery life and camera on the Nexus 5 is pretty bad :/

If my phone is shipped from Dubai to me I don't think it will be region locked? And apparently the Note 3 supports the bands GoPhone needs so I assume it should work?
and on the link you posted, i think the below quote implies that I can buy it here in Africa and not use it until i get to America and unlock it there?
"If a phone is purchased in one region but never activated with a SIM in that region, it can be unlocked free of charge outside of that region by a "Samsung service partner" wherever it ends up."

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
The reasom behind region locking is so that people in certain countries cannot buy a phone cheaper in another country and then sammy loses their profit. You have to turn it on/activate the phone with a sim card from that region. Once that is done then samsung says you are free to use the phone in any region and can then change out the sim.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power