Note 3 v Nexus 5 and Nexus 7

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7. I had a play with a Note 3 today and I love it. I'm now considering ditching the Nexus devices for a Note.

Does anyone use the Note exclusively rather than a phone and tablet? Is it up to the job or would you prefer two separate devices?

Thanks

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I use the note as my all in one device. I no longer use my iPad. Although I can see whyother would use both devices. For me the bite solves my needs well.

Rockin my Note 3

xPNUTx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I use my Note3 exclusively. I have a Nook Color that I used to use for reading, but now I just use my Note3 for that too. I really cant see the need for any kind of tablet. Hell, I hardly use my laptop anymore.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a great question. I have the Note3 and a Surface Pro. I had an ipad2 before the Surface. All of my tablet type computing has now gone to the Note3 and the Surface is my mobile laptop replacement. To me both the Note3 and the Surface Pro are in a class of their own.

Posted via Android Central App

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Have a Note 3 and Nexus 7 (2013)...The Nexus is kept on the nightstand next to my bed and I pretty much only use it before going to sleep...I do love the display on the Nexus but have no issues with using the Note whatsoever...

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I hardly pick up my Nexus 7. Or my Nexus 5 or log on to my PC. The note 3 is quite a do it all device.....

gaol

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I ditched my Nexus 4 and 2012 Nexus 7 to get the Note 3. Now instead of bringing along 2 devices I just bring the Note. Very handy.

At home, if I really need a larger screen, say for my Zinio mags, I "borrow my" iPad 2 from my 9-year old son.

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. This confirms what I was hoping. The idea of having a single device with expandable storage is very appealing, everything I need will always be with me. At the minute my Nexus 5 16GB is pretty much full. I get enough of using computers in work and I have a Chromebook at home if I need a bigger screen.

Other pluses are the better camera and the spare cash I'll have after switching and selling and Nexuses (Nexi).

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have both the Note 3 and the Nexus 7/2013 as well... the Note is the daily driver by far. Only occassionally do I wish I was using the Nexus, and even less often do I reach for it. YMMV, but I'd be content with just the Note.

A 64GB memory card, and plenty of cloud storage (Dropbox, Box, Drive, Skydrive, Sugarsync, etc.) and you should have no space worries for a long long time.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
No more having to use iPad, nook color or Macbook Pro for me. Just the Note 3. I feel so spoiled with it.

I purchased another spare battery for my Note. Unlike the iPad, I had to constantly charge it. Now, I have an extra battery in my purse. It's better than waiting for phone to charge. :D
Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Go for the note 3. Ive had nothing but problems with the nexus line. Always promises to fix bugs in a update and not fall through, fluid but boring os. The note 3 is amazing. I use multi window all the time and sometimes pen window. The s pen makes clicking on small things so much easier and is good for texting in the cold. I use S voice to. Its so easy in the middle of the night and you need to set your alarm to say "hi galaxy, set my alarm for ect.." and it does it perfectly without having to scream it.

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I was actually bouncing in between the Sony Xperia Z1. iPhone 5s and the Note 3. Was actually thinking about the Nexus 5 but people in the Nexus 5 forum on this site and other sites talk me out of it. I'm sticking with the Note 3!!! I wrote a review on it too so I hope it helps with those trying to decide on what phone to get: The Geek's Office - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Review

TroyBoy30

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
what carrier are you on? im looking to trade my note 3 for a nexus 5

ive got an iphone 5, note 3, nexus 7 and ipad air. i use the air most of the time

Suertetres

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am not a big fan of android tablets..I have carried various iPads since the original. I am actually taking back my newly purchased iPad Air because I don't use it at all. I use my Note for everything now.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would personally not be able to get a Nexus device since I rely on T-Mobile's WiFi Calling for home phone usage... otherwise I wouldn't mind one for my phone.

I do love my Note 3's screen size though ... It has set a new standard for me :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt