Periodically get annoying "Enable Emergency Mode..." Notification

Chax8cam

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It continues to say, " Emergency mode can save battery life...." I get it at least once a day.
Anyone experiencing a similar annoyance and know how to stop it? This Note3 is from a Japanese carrier, AU (KDDI). I'm not sure whether it's carrier specific, but I know it's not language specific, because it pops up in English and Japanese.

Shawna Hammond

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
This is also happening to me. I also bought a Note 3 from AU in Japan, and at least 3 times a day I get a notification saying "Ready to Use Emergency Mode." If I click it, it reboots my phone with the majority of programs turned off and I have to reboot it to get back to regular mode. I don't know why this keeps happening... Any advice?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have never had that problem and I have had the note 3 since release day

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Boris Derevnin

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Short: I think if you go to apps from one of the home screens, go to messaging, hit menu, and go to settings, there should be an option for turning off emergency notifications. I have no idea to be honest, but I have a feeling this might be linked to also turning off emergency mode.

Long version:
OK, so my brother is in Japan, and about 10 minutes before an earthquake he had an alarm pop up on his phone, with a voice telling him an earthquake was imminent. At the same time this option to turn the phone into emergency mode popped up.
Pretty cool, right?
So I wanted to enable this mode on my phone also (for use as a battery saving mode in case of emergency) and Googling tells me following the above instructions would give me access to it when I turn on emergency notifications. Sadly the option doesn't look like it's available for my Note 2. Based on this though, it might help you with your problem. I am assuming it is getting some emergency alert via your data/wifi and prompting the emergency mode option to pop up... or something? lol...

Good luck.

Dytoni

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I also have the same problem as mentioned before.

Japanese Note 3
Carrier: KDDI aka AU

I tried what Boris mentioned above but inside settings I searched for "emergency" and the only thing that came up was "Emergency Tone"

Hopefully I can find a solution to this because it comes up whether an earthquake is imminent or isn't.

Thanks again for sharing your problems. Glad I was able to find this thread.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles