few things i cant figure out

sasfood

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Had this Note 3 about a month, still love it over the iphone.
Few questions:
1. Can the text messaging learn? I hit the arrow for the same words over and over that it tries to autocorrect. Can i add those to a dictionary or let it learn words somehow?
2. New pics that i take seem to only be viewable when i click the camera app and view them there. When i click the gallery app(sorted to ALL), it only shows the library that i imported when i
first got the phone. It doesn't show any pics that i have taken with this phone. Is there a way to get my new pics to show in gallery and not just camera app?
3. I used the Kies software to add some music to my device. All the songs are .m4a format. i only transferred about 100 songs, but less than half of them play. The rest display a message
that states "Sorry this player does not support this type of audio file". I doubled checked the ones that play and the ones that don't and they are all .m4a. I'm using the default music player that
came on the phone. Any idea why this is happening? None of the songs were purchased from itunes, they were all imported via cd. Should i convert them to something else or use a dif app?
EDIT: I just tried Rocket Player and it gives the same message for the same songs.

Thanks,
David

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
1. Not sure.

2. Up at the top, tap albums and select all. They should be there.

3. Most phones don't support m4a but I have had limited success with it as well. m4a is just a layer so what ever it was encoded from originally stays intact keeping it from playing nicely. These is what the Note 3 works with : MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, AMR(NB,WB), MIDI, WAV, AC-3, Flac. Encode to Any one of these and it will work..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Few questions:
1. Can the text messaging learn? I hit the arrow for the same words over and over that it tries to autocorrect. Can i add those to a dictionary or let it learn words somehow?
2. New pics that i take seem to only be viewable when i click the camera app and view them there. When i click the gallery app(sorted to ALL), it only shows the library that i imported when i
first got the phone. It doesn't show any pics that i have taken with this phone. Is there a way to get my new pics to show in gallery and not just camera app?
3. I used the Kies software to add some music to my device. All the songs are .m4a format. i only transferred about 100 songs, but less than half of them play. The rest display a message
that states "Sorry this player does not support this type of audio file". I doubled checked the ones that play and the ones that don't and they are all .m4a. I'm using the default music player that
came on the phone. Any idea why this is happening? None of the songs were purchased from itunes, they were all imported via cd. Should i convert them to something else or use a dif app?
EDIT: I just tried Rocket Player and it gives the same message for the same songs.

Thanks,
David

Don't have the Note 3, but from what I understand, different Keyboard apps can learn your word habits. For example I heard Swiftkey is almost scary when it comes to predicting what words you want to use.

My last Samsung phone was the S3, and I didn't have an issue with pictures. This may be a pain, but can you find them in the file explorer app? Should be called My Files.

As for the music player, I love PowerAmp. It is a paid player, but there is a 2 week trial version for it. It was able to read more music than Rocket Player could for me. Try the free one for a few hours. First, look to see if it can see a song that say RocketPlayer missed. If it can see it, it should be able to play it. As a forewarning, I have had times where even after scanning my library for files, Power Amp still needed time to sort through everything.

Hope those help.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Few questions:

Thanks,
David

I have a Note 3. My pics show in the gallery fine, do as the previous poster says. If your pics are also uploaded to Google+ then they will also appear in the icon 'pictures'
As for an intelligent keyboard, I use Swype (available in the Play Store) across all of my devices. It learns from each and combines them all - it also learns from your e-mail, Facebook & Twitter, getting to know the way you communicate in each. It also has an excellent voice typing feature with many downloadable languages.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 3. My pics show in the gallery fine, do as the previous poster says. If your pics are also uploaded to Google+ then they will also appear in the icon 'pictures'
As for an intelligent keyboard, I use Swype (available in the Play Store) across all of my devices. It learns from each and combines them all - it also learns from your e-mail, Facebook & Twitter, getting to know the way you communicate in each. It also has an excellent voice typing feature with many downloadable languages.
Hope that helps.

Sorry, it's 'photos', not pictures.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The Google keyboard also learns words and won't flag them once you enter them. In fact it will actually offer them up as corrected words in the future.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Few questions:

Thanks,
David

swiftkey hands down for word prediction....i hate auto correct and always turn it off....on my note 3 however i'm loving the handwriting recognition and find this the best of all....

save yourself hassle and just convert your music to mp3....just my opinion on what i would do....

the pics is odd...try taking it off the "all" setting....i find my gallery sorts into folders like downloads, camera, etc. which is easier to navigate then all the pics on the screen at once

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey is creepy good. It scares me sometimes.

Sent from my gameboy color

You guys do know that SwiftKey powers the Samsung Keyboard ever since the Note 2, right? So the same magic that happens in SwiftKey, happens in the Samsung Keyboard on top of Sammy's 'skin'.

As for the OP, yes, your keyboard can learn your words but you have to let it know you want that. Go to your keyboard settings and make sure PREDICTIVE TEXT is enabled and select PERSONALIZED DATA in there, too... Just like SwiftKey, you can tell it to learn from GMail, Facebook, Twitter, and yes, your Messages, for words already used.

BTW, @eve6er69, your signature rocks hehe

Last edited:

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
You guys do know that SwiftKey powers the Samsung Keyboard ever since the Note 2, right? So the same magic that happens in SwiftKey, happens in the Samsung Keyboard on top of Sammy's 'skin'.

As for the OP, yes, your keyboard can learn your words but you have to let it know you want that. Go to your keyboard settings and make sure PREDICTIVE TEXT is enabled and select PERSONALIZED DATA in there, too... Just like SwiftKey, you can tell it to learn from GMail, Facebook, Twitter, and yes, your Messages, for words already used.

For some reason I have better luck with SwiftKey. It may be a mental thing but as soon as I downloaded it it was like a whole different typing experience for the better.

Thanks about the signature. You know how hard it was getting a respectable browser on this gbc.

Sent from my gameboy color

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

It has the basis of an old version Swiftkey built in, but SwiftKey has come a long way since then (and the Samsung Keyboard hasn't). If you have multiple devices (or reset a lot) SwiftKey Cloud in particular is great.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the Note 3 and 10.1 2014's keyboard IS powered by the latest SwiftKey engine. SwiftKey Cloud, however, was not licensed and THAT I do miss. That being said, until SwiftKey implements a top number row (which I know they're working on), I'm sticking to the Samsung one. Also, have you tried using SwiftKey on a tablet in landscape mode? Try doing it by muscle memory (as you would on a normal keyboard)... dumba$$es screwed up the bottom row and it really throws off your writing (unless you want to get carpel tunnel syndrome within 2 hours of using the darn thing). Fix THAT and I'll go back to SwiftKey on my tablet, thank you very mucho.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae