Voice dial is now bringing up google search instead of calling.

Mcfly682

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I use my jawbone Era bluetooth to call people and have since my old iPhone. It was working great on the note 3. I would say "Call wife mobile" and BAM, it would call my wife. Well, just recently, when i say "Call wife mobile", or any of my contacts for that matter, it brings up a google search. What the heck is that? I thought i might be mumbling the word "mobile", but even when i enunciate it properly, it still brings up a google search. Can someone tell me what might be causing this?

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Which Voice recognition engine do you have the device set to use? Samsung or Google? Try either changing it, or switching back and forth. Device reboot might be another option...
Also, try disabling Google now if you have it running.

I find that the voice command on these things are flakey at best when I compare to what my BlackBerry's were able to do, but that's about the only thing they do better than my Note 3.

Mcfly682

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, FBA. Im currently using the stock svoice app that comes on the note 3. When it comes to understanding what I am saying, I think it works better than Siri ever did on my iPhone, but for some odd reason, it just started bringing up google searches. Since I posted this, it has not happened again, but I would imagine it will again as it randomly came up off and on for several days. Google now was never enabled, so I dont think its the issue.

Flakey voice control seems to be the norm across all devices Ive used on any platform.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer