Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Reading books?

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Reading on my Note has almost completely replaced reading on my iPad, I use it all the time!

I like that the screen is easy to read, yet the device is easy to hold when laying in bed. Also, all my books travel with me to work (in my Kindle app) if I get a chance to read at lunch.

The Note rocks :)

Posted via Android Central App

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I use it when I'm in a pinch and forget my kindle. I've never liked reading on my tablet. I do it for comics, graphic novels and kids books but that's it. Otherwise the reading experience on the kindle is far superior. I used to have an S2 and the Note 3 is much nicer to read from than that. Out of every book I read, I'd say I read anywhere from 5-10% of it on the phone.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
its too small to read comfortably. i use it when i get stuck somewhere unexpectedly, or sometimes at work to read at lunch, since i dont carry my kindle with me. fortunately the kindle app syncs across devices, best thing about it.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am in listening to books with my note 3. Audio book app,, love it

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I read on it some, when out and about and have down time, which isn't very often. When home and have down time, which isn't very often, I'll use a Nexus 7 or TouchPad. Or a real book/magazine. :)

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i read all of the time on either my note 3 or my note 8....i have the s view cover on my note 3 and i hold it in one hand like you would a paperback book!! in fact i haven't read a "paper" book in years, love having an unending supply of books with me at all times.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, all the time, the ebook apps are great and the screen is plenty big enough and the resoulution makes reading on it easy.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

Ommadawn

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I use my Note3 and Nexus7 almost the same amount for reading, syncing my bookmarks between them with Moonreader+. I actually prefer reading on the Note, now.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'll add here that the GN3 is great for those that read at night in bed. I had a 10 inch tablet for that purpose, but after a period of time, the tablet became heavy, whereas the GN3 is lightweight and is the perfect size for my nighttime reading.

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I was a little surprised by this, but since I got the Note 3, I haven't opened Kindle on my 8 or my 10.1. Never would have even considered it on my old phone, but then I did get rid of it because I was having trouble with the teeny tiny screen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I read almost exclusively on my GN3. My Note 10.1 is pleasant to read on but gets a little heavy after a while.
I get most of my books from my local library e-book service and public domain sources.
Was buying books from Kindle & BN but don't like paying so much for books that I don't really own. What happens to all the hundreds of e-books (& $$) after I pass away? I leave them to Amazon?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Was buying books from Kindle & BN but don't like paying so much for books that I don't really own. What happens to all the hundreds of e-books (& $$) after I pass away? I leave them to Amazon?

True!
And if you're a book sniffer like me, we like to touch and smell! :)
I have some books on my nook app but most books I own are hardcopies.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I felt the same way, but with 4 dogs in the house, books don't always survive. LOL.

I rarely pay for e-books though. There are plenty of sites out there that round up freebies and deals, so I use those. Sure, you're not going to get the latest bestseller but there are plenty to keep me amused.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Love to read on my note. I suspect reading on eink is better though. I use a app to tone down the bright screen beyond stock and can read comfortable in bed for hours.