Screen protector under Otterbox

Gerard Jr

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Switched from IPhone 5 to my note 3 and haven't looked back. I work in construction so I have usually used Otterbox cases on my phones. My last Otterbox on my iPhone caused some minor damage to the screen from dirt getting between the case and the phone.

So in order to preserve my note 3 I put a armorshield screen protector on then my Otterbox. The problem is the screen looks like cap now. And the armorshield protector hold a bunch of imperfections.

Is there any screen protector that will work well with the Otterbox on top of it. I don't really want to remove the built in Otterbox screen protector either. Any help would be appreciated. By the way this phone is awesome.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Switched from IPhone 5 to my note 3 and haven't looked back. I work in construction so I have usually used Otterbox cases on my phones. My last Otterbox on my iPhone caused some minor damage to the screen from dirt getting between the case and the phone.

So in order to preserve my note 3 I put a armorshield screen protector on then my Otterbox. The problem is the screen looks like cap now. And the armorshield protector hold a bunch of imperfections.

Is there any screen protector that will work well with the Otterbox on top of it. I don't really want to remove the built in Otterbox screen protector either. Any help would be appreciated. By the way this phone is awesome.

Welcome to the forums.
I have used both the Otterbox Commuter and Defender. With the Defender, I just clean the inside part of the screen protector every day, but I guess in your case that may not be enough.
The Commuter is just a case; no screen protection. So perhaps that in combination with the Armorshield you already have may be a better solution?

If you would like, you can say hello to the community here: Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Suertetres

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I currently use the commuter and a screen protector. My biggest complaint with the defender series is the dust etc that gets under the screen protector. The commuter is a great case, however it does not come with a holster if you need/want one.

Posted via Android Central App

Gerard Jr

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome and the replies. I have been lurking here since I got my phone and have learned quite a bit from here.

I may have to try the commuter. In the past I have really liked the Otterbox defender because of the holster, I use it daily, but the dirt inside the case was a problem. I also find the holster for the note 3 is kind big and gets in the way occasionally. It is also very difficult to remove the phone from the holster. I think that the phone feels really well protected in the defender.

I usually have 2 or 3 cases for my phones so I'll be adding a commuter to the list. Thanks for the suggestions.

Suertetres

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
This is the first commuter case for me and I won't be going back to the defender. It doesn't add too much bulk and it is fairly durable. I like the open screen with a screen protector only.

Posted via Android Central App

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I know not same phone but I use one of these HD screen protectors from BB with my otterbox defender series. What I did was I removed the plastic shield on my OB this made the screen more responsive rather than using two so called SP

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

Gerard Jr

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I have found a combination that I am very happy with.

I removed the factory screen protector from the Otterbox. I installed the illome screenmate flex screen protector. I order the flex because I read that it is very thin.

The flex was a little sticky for the first few days but as the instructions said it smoothed out well. It now feel like the factory screen.

One thing that I like but others may not is the screen sits flush with the home button. The home button sits exactly even with the screen. This could be raised with a home button sticker but I prefer it this way.

The screen protector work well with my other cases as well. Installation was really easy and I am very happy with this setup. Maybe I can stop buying cases now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc