Weird gltches on my Note 3. Any ideas?

karl32

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm brand new to Android and my Note 3. Came over from an Iphone 4 so a huge learning curve ahead of me, but I'm having a couple of weird issues that I hope someone could help me out with.

I'm on Touchwiz using the normal Email app (Not the Gmail app). Sometimes I'm not getting the number badge on my email app icon telling me how many new emails I have. It's random if it works or not. There is no rhyme or reason when it shows the number of emails, and when it doesn't. Any ideas?

Also I want the screen to stay on longer when it's asleep and I get a text. It comes on for 3 seconds and goes dark again so at times I can't read the full text in my notification bar at the top. Is there a setting for this, I have looked through the phone but don't see it?

I tried an app called Lockscreen Notification to set the screen to stay on longer and just like my email number badge problem sometimes the screen stays on for the time I set, and sometimes it doesn't. Again no rhyme or reason to when it works or doesn't?

I want to back up the phone, and from reading around here it seems that the program Kies is the way to back my Note 3 up? Is that the best way, or is there something better?

Thanks in advance for all help.

karl32

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I had my screen timeout setting to 2 mins, and now just changed it to 30 secs but my phone will still go dark after a text in about 3 seconds. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

biceonthego

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I just figured my screen timeout issue. An app called after call lock was messing it up. U just have to un check one of the options.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12