Galaxy Note 3 + Fitbit Device: Do They Sync Automatically?

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping that a Galaxy Note 3 user will tell me if the phone automatically syncs directly with Fitbit devices like an iPhone syncs. (I'm using the original Fitbit zip, but I don't think that matters). According to the Fitbit website, it should sync with the Samsung Note 10.1. That's one of the reasons I actually bought a new Samsung tablet. Only to get home with the new tablet and find out that it is not supported. Maybe it's because I bought the 2014 edition of the Samsung Note 10.1. I don't know. In any event, I distrust the information on the Fitbit website. Would like to hear directly from any Samsung Note 3 phone owners using Fitbit. Thank you very much.

Posted via Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the fitbit one. In my opinion it works much better than the iPhone app did. Mine connects almost immediately to my fitbit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the fitbit one. In my opinion it works much better than the iPhone app did. Mine connects almost immediately to my fitbit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks very much, tech_fan. That's what I was hoping to hear. Love my Fitbit.

The info on the company website is misleading when it states "compatible with select Android phones + tablets" - in fact there are only 3-4 Android devices with full syncing capability.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I use mine with the My Fitness Pal application. When I used the Fitbit app with the iPhone it would take forever to sync. That drove me nuts. i actually got to the point on several occasions where i would just take it out of my pocket and read it or pull up the app on my Mac.

I just got the Galaxy Gear watch and noticed that they have a pedometer app on there. Not sure which one is better between the Fitbit and the GG so, the verdict will be out on that one although I really like my Fitbit.

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I use mine with the My Fitness Pal application.

Hi tech_fan, am i understanding correctly that the My Fitness Pal app synchronizes your Galaxy Note 3 phone and Fitbit? In other words, My Fitness Pal will synchronize your steps as recorded by your Fitbit device on your phone? This is news to me. I would be glad to hear it. I love My Fitness Pal - however, I did not know that it would synchronize the steps recorded by your Fitbit device on a phone. (I have the Fitbit zip if that matters.)

So far, I have recorded my calorie intake using My Fitness Pal & I use Fitbit on my computer to record my daily activities. But if I could use My Fitness Pal on my phone for everything, that would be really great.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the Fitbit Aria scale integrated with MyFitness Pal too. I cannot remember the specifics on how to set it up but here is a link to how to do it. You need to set up a Fitbit account online as well as the Fitness Pal and then have them talk to each other.

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/po...-how-do-i-integrate-fitbit-with-myfitnesspal-

BY the way, today I tried out S Health that came with my Note 3 along with the Pedometer app on my Galaxy Gear. I think I will stay with My Fitness Pal and Fitbit as there is more information and data available to interpret and analyze.

Hi tech_fan, am i understanding correctly that the My Fitness Pal app synchronizes your Galaxy Note 3 phone and Fitbit? In other words, My Fitness Pal will synchronize your steps as recorded by your Fitbit device on your phone? This is news to me. I would be glad to hear it. I love My Fitness Pal - however, I did not know that it would synchronize the steps recorded by your Fitbit device on a phone. (I have the Fitbit zip if that matters.)

So far, I have recorded my calorie intake using My Fitness Pal & I use Fitbit on my computer to record my daily activities. But if I could use My Fitness Pal on my phone for everything, that would be really great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781