Wifi not working at all on note 3

Burbanana

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
So I got my note 3 just a few days ago. Everything seemed fine, even had 2 updates over wifi that day. But since the past 2 days my wifi just stopped working..

When I turn on wifi I get a list for a second or 2 and then everything disappears. Doesnt matter where and also when Im standing next to a router.

I tried turning off wifi power saving and factory resets but no luck. Is this a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you have bluetooth turned on, and are you trying to connect to wifi on 2.4ghz band. If so try turning off bluetooth and let me know what happens.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This may also help. Check the access logs in your router to see if any clues for why the handshake between your Note 3 and router starts and then fails. Another thought is to triple check the authentication credentials and WiFi access point strings in your Note. They could have been changed or hosed during the upgrades.

As a data point, I just got my Note 3 on Friday. One small OTA update showed up as I was leaving the store, and then I updated to the MJE build yesterday. WiFi working great so far, although I've only used my own router yet.

Burbanana

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
This may also help. Check the access logs in your router to see if any clues for why the handshake between your Note 3 and router starts and then fails. Another thought is to triple check the authentication credentials and WiFi access point strings in your Note. They could have been changed or hosed during the upgrades.

As a data point, I just got my Note 3 on Friday. One small OTA update showed up as I was leaving the store, and then I updated to the MJE build yesterday. WiFi working great so far, although I've only used my own router yet.

The problem is like I said: I can't even get a list of Routers in range... Its just empty. I used to get a list of routers for 1 second but now I can't even get that...

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Try resetting your router, and if that does not work, then try a factory reset on the phone.

As soon as I enable wifi, I get listing of all available routers in my area.

Burbanana

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Try resetting your router, and if that does not work, then try a factory reset on the phone.

As soon as I enable wifi, I get listing of all available routers in my area.

Already tried factory resets as I said in my original post. And the problem isnt with a particular router. It does not find any router, not mine, not my neighbour's. Nothing.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The problem is like I said: I can't even get a list of Routers in range... Its just empty. I used to get a list of routers for 1 second but now I can't even get that...

What happens if you use the "Add Wi-Fi network" option to manually add in the correct authentication parameters and credentials for your router?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems as if your WiFi radio failed and you may be due for a replacement phone. Not the option you're looking for but it's odd that it's not finding any networks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Burbanana

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
It seems as if your WiFi radio failed and you may be due for a replacement phone. Not the option you're looking for but it's odd that it's not finding any networks.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah exactly. I will go to a samsung service point to see what the damage is after manually trying to add network