ARE YOU KIDDING ME...? iMessage

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I somehow must of missed this....but what is this caller ID thing you speak of?
Google's new dialer on Kitkat automatically identifies a business that's calling you instead of just displaying the number, if they have public phone numbers and the number matches. Google is planning to do this for individuals as well, but only if the person calling you has decided to confirm their number with Google Plus/Hangouts, and they haven't turned off this option. In that case, when someone not in your contacts calls you, you will see their number as well as their public google+ profile name.

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
He does have sms checked. I have tried turning it on and off and force texting as a regular sms. I've turned his phone on an off.. It has us both frustrated for sure.

Posted via Android Central App

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
so i would assume that the problem would be on his end if the iphone is not kicking out sms vs imessage? are there others people not using a iphone that are receiving the text also or just you?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Google's new dialer on Kitkat automatically identifies a business that's calling you instead of just displaying the number, if they have public phone numbers and the number matches. Google is planning to do this for individuals as well, but only if the person calling you has decided to confirm their number with Google Plus/Hangouts, and they haven't turned off this option. In that case, when someone not in your contacts calls you, you will see their number as well as their public google+ profile name.

Just to make sure Google doesn't surprise me with this, how would I opt my phone numbers out of this feature? Thanks...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading about this awhile ago. Thanks!

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Just to make sure Google doesn't surprise me with this, how would I opt my phone numbers out of this feature? Thanks...
Well, first of all, you can choose not to confirm your phone number with Google+ when Hangouts starts on your new phone for the first time in the first place. If you already have consented, then you can go to your Google Plus account settings. Then under Phone, go to Edit, then click the "edit" link next to the number you want to remove or edit. Google has updated the settings, making it possible to completely remove the number if you wish. If you simply want to keep Google from using it on caller ID but want to leave the number in your account, you can also do so by unchecking a checkbox that appears right below the given number.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, first of all, you can choose not to confirm your phone number with Google+ when Hangouts starts on your new phone for the first time in the first place. If you already have consented, then you can go to your Google Plus account settings. Then under Phone, go to Edit, then click the "edit" link next to the number you want to remove or edit. Google has updated the settings, making it possible to completely remove the number if you wish. If you simply want to keep Google from using it on caller ID but want to leave the number in your account, you can also do so by unchecking a checkbox that appears right below the given number.

Thank you muchly for this. It's good to know I can keep some info separate from other info, sort of.. It's freaky to think the pizza place could look at my Google plus account and see all the stuff I may have written or whatever. :eek::eek:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, but not everyone wants their associated internet life visible to everyone they call. :p

The more I think of it, I think you're right. It seems like it's a cool idea but I don't think I want anyone and everyone seeing where and how I'm connected. This option for caller ID won't be on our N3's till 4.4 arrives, correct?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The more I think of it, I think you're right. It seems like it's a cool idea but I don't think I want anyone and everyone seeing where and how I'm connected. This option for caller ID won't be on our N3's till 4.4 arrives, correct?

I think so... Someone sure should chime in. :D

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Pretty soon, people are going to know that you didn't flush the toilet. There will be 1000+ post on G+, Facebook, Twitter, and everyone in the State of Maine saying EEEWWWWW, that's gross!!. It's going to leave rings!!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Pretty soon, people are going to know that you didn't flush the toilet. There will be 1000+ post on G+, Facebook, Twitter, and everyone in the State of Maine saying EEEWWWWW, that's gross!!. It's going to leave rings!!

Yeah! Stuff like that, sort of. :what::D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49