Push Notifications on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

selenataylor143

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
When I had the IPhone, I had apps like kik, facebook, twitter, & ect send me push notifications straight to my phone when I had a message. When you got it, it had the option to view and reply too it, or close the notifications whether my phone was on or locked. Some people find that annoying, but I don't. I'm not sure if the samsung galaxy note 3 can even do something similar to that, but if it does could someone tell me how? Please? The little notification bar at the top isn't as noticeable as push notifications are. Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear, Push Notifications are NOT what you think they are. PopUp notifications are what you're thinking of, and yes, most of us Android "oldies" tend to hate them hehe. Push notifications you ARE getting, since you are seeing them in the notification bar.

But there are quite a few apps that will show you these notifications in a PopUp form like the apps suggested in the post above. Also, some apps (like Whatsapp and FriendCaster) will give you the option to have their own notifications displayed in an iOS-like pop-up.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Go to your settings/general/applications manager and you can check and uncheck notifications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
If I read your question right then that should help. If not please elaborate a little more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

petren

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
regarding samsung note 3. cannot get rid of annoying 'ding-dong' notification. cant find out where its coming from. can anyone help? thanks, peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome