Best docking solution for home?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a desktop dock to set bedside. When I had my Note 2 I had used the Smart dock BY Samsung. I know this works with the Note 3 and a case but is it the best solution? I would search for this but I'm on Tapatalk and it's not serving me well right now in that regard.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just use a business card holder. Works wonders. Sure, the phone won't go into 'dock mode', but at least that's not important for me. Just a waste of AMOLED useful life IMHO.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just use a business card holder. Works wonders. Sure, the phone won't go into 'dock mode', but at least that's not important for me. Just a waste of AMOLED useful life IMHO.

I want the dock mainly for charging purposes and nothing else. Business card holder? I'm assuming you plug your phone in manually each night then use the holder as a stand? Not a bad option.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, that's exactly what I do. I had gone all geekyDIY once and actually carved a nice hole for the microUSB plug to fit but then realized that having done that I was restricted to a single orientation. Now I just place it whichever way fits best and can even enjoy some music or a movie on my night table on a very low budget hehe

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I've got the Smart Dock with my Note 3 it doesn't charge properly. I haven't investigated properly but after all night in the dock it is not fully charged even though it recognises the dock and the lighting flash on the battery indicator is showing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had that but sold it because it doesn't work without a separate back cover which makes most cases unusable. I had it with my Maxx and loved it

Actually it is a Qi Charger. That can be solved with a Qi Reciever that fits under the standard back cover. That can be had for around 10 bucks.

It isn't the fastest charging but sufficient for overnight

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, seems about the very same thing my business card holder does... It just didn't cost 15 bucks :) (But granted, the multi-angle thingy does seem enticing)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11