Anyone switching back to iPhone?

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

So a Samsung (iphone) vs Samsung original Samsung manufactures the ape iphones. Plus apple's business model sucks. When a developer puts builds an iPhone app apple pays the developer 15% where as Google pays the developer 85%. I never understood some developers logic oh I will sell more on Apple and develop for them, but the developer has to sell 5 in the Apple store for everyone he sells on Android!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

iOS just isn't my cup of tea. I'll stay with the Note series barring any major misstep on Samsung's part.

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I switched back to the iPhone because I wanted to go back to using the iPhone/iPad combination again.

What does the iPhone/iPad combination give you that is so desirable? I have the iPhone 5, an iPad and my Galaxy Nexus. I don't find that my iPhone and iPad play any better together than with my Galaxy Nexus. Of course I choose to center my online presence around Google services so Gmail, Google Drive and Google Music are installed on all three. I only installed iTunes on my computer for the initial setup with my work Lotus Notes mail and calendar.

I will be upgrading my Galaxy Nexus to the Note 3 in a little over a week and have no desire to own an iPhone as my personal device. As a matter of fact if my work didn't provide me with the iPhone I wouldn't have one at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Kettle

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

If iPhone 6 has bigger than 5 inches display and has micro SD, yes.

Is that another way of saying "When pigs fly"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4, Verizon Galaxy Nexus, HTC Resound, iPhone 5

Previous Phones:
Droid X, HTC Incredible, Blackberry 9700, Blackberry 8830

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Cloud storage should be a non-issue as well. There are way too many options available.

Curious as well about what might be in the App Store that is not in the Play Store.

Split screen is pretty nice on the Note, use that more than I thought I would.

I too wish Sammy would have put a better (or 2nd) speaker in.

Good luck whichever way you go.

The cloud does bother me in the fact I have purchased many TV shows and films through iTunes store and with the iPad I can watch any of them whenever I like. However with the Note 3 I have to anticipate what films or shows I want and put them on the device before hand. It's just handy when someone says "I've never seen that Family Guy episode" and I can just say "Let's watch it now".

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

What does the iPhone/iPad combination give you that is so desirable? I have the iPhone 5, an iPad and my Galaxy Nexus. I don't find that my iPhone and iPad play any better together than with my Galaxy Nexus. Of course I choose to center my online presence around Google services so Gmail, Google Drive and Google Music are installed on all three. I only installed iTunes on my computer for the initial setup with my work Lotus Notes mail and calendar.

I will be upgrading my Galaxy Nexus to the Note 3 in a little over a week and have no desire to own an iPhone as my personal device. As a matter of fact if my work didn't provide me with the iPhone I wouldn't have one at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I like that the iPhone has a smaller form factor when I'm out and about and when home, I have a much larger device for multimedia content. To have the same ecosystem for both phone and tablet is ideal for me because I can manage my content and apps a lot easier. Plus, I have Apple TV which integrates well with both. It has been a great experience to be able to come home and put the phone down and pick up the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Crispykreme

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Have you downloaded the Amazon app store? I have literally a 100+ times more Google apps than I have iTunes Apps and I've probably spent about the same amount of money on apps for both platforms. What irritates me about Apple operating systems is how sterilized an environment it is. There's not much room for tweaking, and it's either Apple's way or the highway. If you look at Apple's commercial from 1984 (posted below for your consumption), it's hard to believe that the woman in the Hooters outfit is supposed to represent Apple.... Those people sitting in front of the display, I think those are the same people I see standing in line in front of the Apple store btw.

Although, I do wish I had a buttload of Apple stock back when this commercial first hit the airwaves......

Apple 1984 Super Bowl Commercial Introducing Macintosh Computer. - YouTube

You can get all the apps on Amazon? How do you get it to work on your Note 3?

If this is the case, and I can get all the games apps on Itune, then there is no chance I'm going back to Iphone and you just help me resolve this issue!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

If this is the case, and I can get all the games apps on Itune, then there is no chance I'm going back to Iphone and you just help me resolve this issue!
You can't get apps from the App store on Android :\

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

If the iPhone 6 has a 5'' screen or bigger then I'm Back. I love the build quality on the Apple iPhones. Its a very sexy phone! Also they maintain their value. The iPhone 5 is still getting 400-500 bucks used where as I can't get 300 bucks for my note 2. Also, the iPhone gets updates way longer and faster. Unlike my note 2.... I'm still waiting for the 4.3 update :'(
All that being said, the note 3 is a excellent phone!

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Amazon has "free app of the day", which has increased my app library tenfold. There are many apps that are in that grey area where I am not 100% sure that I'd outright buy.

Last edited:

Crispykreme

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Amazon has "free app of the day", which has increased my app library tenfold. There are many apps that are in that gray area where I am not 100% sure that I'd outright buy.

I have my hope up but I guess I really can't get app from the apps store. Isn't the free app of the day only free for that day?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I have my hope up but I guess I really can't get app from the apps store. Isn't the free app of the day only free for that day?

Yes, they make the app available and free for that day only. On rare occasions, they make it available for free again. I've seen some of the Office products available for free after I got it via the app of the day.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

If the iPhone 6 has a 5'' screen or bigger then I'm Back. I love the build quality on the Apple iPhones. Its a very sexy phone! Also they maintain their value. The iPhone 5 is still getting 400-500 bucks used where as I can't get 300 bucks for my note 2. Also, the iPhone gets updates way longer and faster. Unlike my note 2.... I'm still waiting for the 4.3 update :'(
All that being said, the note 3 is a excellent phone!

With how Apple made the iPhone 5's screen 'larger', I'm pretty sure the screen form factor will be a problem. The market wants large screens, not the 'tall' screens we've been getting from the iPhone 5 and 5S.

Nonetheless, I kinda do admire their build quality and timely updates. On android, unless you own a Nexus or GPE device, updates are few and far between....unless you root and ROM of course :p

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

With how Apple made the iPhone 5's screen 'larger', I'm pretty sure the screen form factor will be a problem. The market wants large screens, not the 'tall' screens we've been getting from the iPhone 5 and 5S.

Nonetheless, I kinda do admire their build quality and timely updates. On android, unless you own a Nexus or GPE device, updates are few and far between....unless you root and ROM of course :p

They need to reduce those bezels. The 4S has less screen on the front than bezel. The 5 still has too much on the top and bottom. That way they could increase the screen size to ~4.5 and not make the phone much bigger

Posted via Android Central App

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

They need to reduce those bezels. The 4S has less screen on the front than bezel. The 5 still has too much on the top and bottom. That way they could increase the screen size to ~4.5 and not make the phone much bigger

True but what I was getting at with screen size is that they just made the screen 'taller'. There's no increase in width in order to make it proportionate to the new screen size, making for some rather awkward handling of the device when used via landscape IMO. I appreciate their recognition for what the market wants but I want a large screen, not a tall one ;)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

True but what I was getting at with screen size is that they just made the screen 'taller'. There's no increase in width in order to make it proportionate to the new screen size, making for some rather awkward handling of the device when used via landscape IMO. I appreciate their recognition for what the market wants but I want a large screen, not a tall one ;)

Ahh, OK. I agree, the 5 looks weird in comparison to other phones in terms of the screen.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

So a Samsung (iphone) vs Samsung original Samsung manufactures the ape iphones. Plus apple's business model sucks. When a developer puts builds an iPhone app apple pays the developer 15% where as Google pays the developer 85%. I never understood some developers logic oh I will sell more on Apple and develop for them, but the developer has to sell 5 in the Apple store for everyone he sells on Android!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Where did you come up with those figures?
Apple and Google both pay developers 70% and keep 30%.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

I believe that if Apple releases an iPhone with a 4.7---5-inch screen that there will be a LOT of defections from Android. I like both platforms, but Apple will have to come out with something impressive to get me away from my Maxx!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante