Does the current ver of TouchWiz on the Note3 sync Email, Contacts, Tasks & Calendar with MS Exchng?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Does the current ver of TouchWiz on the Note3 sync Email, Contacts, Tasks & Calendar with MS Exchng?

Does the current version of TouchWiz on the Note3 sync Email, Contacts, Tasks and Calendar with MS Exchange server fully?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does the current ver of TouchWiz on the Note3 sync Email, Contacts, Tasks & Calendar with MS Exc

Not TouchWiz (that's just the launcher overlay), but the stock E-Mail app. And yes, it syncs everything with MS Exchange, just add the account from your Account settings and select what to sync and what not to.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does the current ver of TouchWiz on the Note3 sync Email, Contacts, Tasks & Calendar with MS Exc

Not TouchWiz (that's just the launcher overlay), but the stock E-Mail app. And yes, it syncs everything with MS Exchange, just add the account from your Account settings and select what to sync and what not to.

Went to the ATT Corp Store to test drive this feature and saw this HowTo as well

How do I Set Up Microsoft? ActiveSync? (Exchange) Email on my Samsung Galaxy S? II? : AT&T Cell Phones | Samsung

I clearly see how to set up the Task Sync however when I go to set up the large 4x4 widget to display and use the Task List on the Note 3 I do not see it. The stock Email and stock Calendar both have widgets that are 4x4(which expand to 5x5) but I do not see any such widget for Task or ToDo list.

Am I missing something re. this important feature? The original Note and iPhone does this in a few steps.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

OK, first things first. When you set up your Exchange account, in the stock Calendar app, can you see your To-Do List items? If you do, then you're OK in the sync department.

Now, as for the widgets, you're right, there's no dedicated widget just for To-Do lists, but if you use the S-Planner (mini today) widget, your To-Do items will appear there.

You could also try a different Calendar app that has To-Do list widgets, too.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

OK, first things first. When you set up your Exchange account, in the stock Calendar app, can you see your To-Do List items? If you do, then you're OK in the sync department.

Now, as for the widgets, you're right, there's no dedicated widget just for To-Do lists, but if you use the S-Planner (mini today) widget, your To-Do items will appear there.

You could also try a different Calendar app that has To-Do list widgets, too.
This method is ok but it is missing a couple of functions. The mini today cannot be expanded to full screen/4x4 widget so that hinders the usefulness.

The other issue is I can't seem to edit and sync back to the Exchange server. This method seems only to be a presentation of the Task List not a full ToDo and Project management tool set.

Any other ideas?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Found a application called "TaskSync" by Cranktheory on Google Play. Looks like it might work.

Has anyone tried it?

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

TaskSync is working well but it does not sync well from the Note3 back to MS Exchange. Very strong from Exchange to Note3 though.