Says charging(USB) while I am using (AC)

Note 3 user

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
My Note 3 sometimes says that I am using USB charging while I am connected to a wall output. At these times it charges really slow. It can be solved by removing and re plugging the cable into the phone several times. Is there a simple solution to this like getting a new cable? Right now I am using the stock cable.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It could indeed be a USB cable issue or a it could be a charger issue. It may be worth buying another Samsung charger not only to troubleshoot but just to plug in elsewhere.

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My Note 3 sometimes says that I am using USB charging while I am connected to a wall output. At these times it charges really slow. It can be solved by removing and re plugging the cable into the phone several times. Is there a simple solution to this like getting a new cable? Right now I am using the stock cable.

Sounds like a cable problem - I've been doing some testing with various USB cables and posted the details here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...rging-cable-testing-results-surprised-me.html

There is a link to an app that can help you see what is going on and some links to technical explanation as to why some cables will slow charge and what to look for when buying new cables.

If the phone is relatively new I have read about a few people that have gone back to the store and got a new cable (YMMV).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08