New to Note 3

officialclar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Good day folks! A friend of mine just got her new Classic White Note 3 yesterday. 1st: May you please welcome her or even greet her haha 😊 thank you! 2nd: Last night, I told her that there is an update for the Note 3. Btw, her phone came from France and we are settled here in the Philippines. I just want to ask if there is a connection between our current location and the device where it came from? I mean will it only update if the phone is in France? 😟 Sorry if my question is vague. There is a note by the way: "Failed to update firmware. Try again using software (Kies) or visit a Samsung service center." We tried it but Kies told us that battery is low and battery percentage at that time was 43%. Help please. 😞 thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Let the phone charge, reboot and try again. You will be fine. Bogus firmware is not pushed, no matter the location.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Good day folks! A friend of mine just got her new Classic White Note 3 yesterday. 1st: May you please welcome her or even greet her haha �� thank you! 2nd: Last night, I told her that there is an update for the Note 3. Btw, her phone came from France and we are settled here in the Philippines. I just want to ask if there is a connection between our current location and the device where it came from? I mean will it only update if the phone is in France? �� Sorry if my question is vague. There is a note by the way: "Failed to update firmware. Try again using software (Kies) or visit a Samsung service center." We tried it but Kies told us that battery is low and battery percentage at that time was 43%. Help please. �� thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

Your phone has to be charged 50% or more for you to receive OTA updates and/or using kies to update. It's a Sammy thing and is normal. Just charge it to above 50% and your good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt