Spigen S-View case received

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Couple issues that I noticed after using it for 2 days. First the contact points to activate the s-view are not perfect. There are times s-view does not activate, I have to press the back of the phone for it to work. Doesn't happen a lot but it does happen, normally right after I remove the case and put it back on. I am guessing it's a fitting issue? Second, I just picked up the phone by it's cover and the cover came off. I was able to snap it back on but it does seem like it's something with wear and tear would create an issue later on.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey foofoo, in your 7th picture where it shows a side view of the latch, it almost looks like the latch doesn't close all the way? Is this the case?

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey foofoo, in your 7th picture where it shows a side view of the latch, it almost looks like the latch doesn't close all the way? Is this the case?

it is actually closed all the way and it's closed pretty tight. I think the gap is to help you open the cover easier,

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Couple issues that I noticed after using it for 2 days. First the contact points to activate the s-view are not perfect. There are times s-view does not activate, I have to press the back of the phone for it to work. Doesn't happen a lot but it does happen, normally right after I remove the case and put it back on. I am guessing it's a fitting issue? Second, I just picked up the phone by it's cover and the cover came off. I was able to snap it back on but it does seem like it's something with wear and tear would create an issue later on.

Reference the S view not activating, is it because the connection points on the back are contacting?
I notice that you have to remove the back cover on the Note 3 and insert the phone right into the rubber housing. Is it a snug fit or is there some play? Does it clip into the rubber as it would clip into the regular cover or the Samsung S View case?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am trying to decide if I want to order this or the Samsung S view.

Thanks for the help though.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Reference the S view not activating, is it because the connection points on the back are contacting?
I notice that you have to remove the back cover on the Note 3 and insert the phone right into the rubber housing. Is it a snug fit or is there some play? Does it clip into the rubber as it would clip into the regular cover or the Samsung S View case?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am trying to decide if I want to order this or the Samsung S view.

Thanks for the help though.

the fit is snuggle but the inner piece which is TPU material, even with a hard plastic cover that clips on pretty tight it still gives that little room where sometimes the contact points are not touching. It is quickly fixed by slightly tapping the back. It was a slight issue but it doesn't bother me much anymore now.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
We just got our cases a couple of hours ago in the mail and as much as I love how the case looks, I'm not too sure if I'm liking the white case. These are our first Spigen cases. We ordered a black one for my husband and the white for me. The black case doesn't feel as slippery while the white case feels like it would slip from my hands. Not a good thing for my clumsiness but I'll give it a few and see. As far as the camera being blocked when flipping the cover back, I haven't run into any issues yet when taking pics.

Last edited:

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
the fit is snuggle but the inner piece which is TPU material, even with a hard plastic cover that clips on pretty tight it still gives that little room where sometimes the contact points are not touching. It is quickly fixed by slightly tapping the back. It was a slight issue but it doesn't bother me much anymore now.

I find my window only activates 70-75% of the time. Highly annoying. I push it down all the time to try to fix it

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I received Spigen Slim Armor View case in white a week ago. I've already a dark blue Samsung original S View case. My impressions on the Spigen are:

It's more bulky than expected, double the thickness of the S View.
It's also much heavier adding substantially to the weight of the Note 3.

I am impressed with the protection it gives, I was always nervous with the S View as I can envisage the cover opening if I drop the phone.

I love the white with black trim, it looks really smart.

I wish the cover folded back flat against the phone, the hinge mechanism means that side is 1/4 inch away from the back of the phone and makes it less comfortable to hold.

I like the home button on the case but am concerned about it being pressed in my pocket and keeping the phone awake.

The volume and power buttons need pretty firm presses to get them to work.

The case is quite cumbersome to fit and remove. Thank goodness for the long battery life of the Note 3. I wouldn't want to regularly change the battery.

The size of the case seriously impacts it's use in desk and car docks.

For me, the cost was high, as I had to pay 14 USD for shipping to the UK and then had to pay the equivalent of a further 20 USD import duty. So that seriously inflated the price.

Bottom line is, if had confidence in the S View protecting my phone, I'd use that, but the protection of the Spigen means that is what the Note 3 is wearing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678