Spigen S-View case received

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Overall it is exactly what I expected, works just like the Samsung's s-view case with a rubberized volume rocker and power button that are easy to press and added home button key on the cover. It does add a little extra bulk to it but not as much as I expected and overall it does offer great protection for the phone. The black cover does attract finger prints and due to the flash light, every spec of dust also shows on the picture.
All the cutouts are lined up correctly, nothing is blocked or crooked on the case. However the 3.5 mm jack for headphone is deep, may cause some issue for some headphones. No issue with the charging port or removing the s-pen.
Installation does require you to remove the back batter cover. The cover is removable as well if for any reason you have to carry the phone around without the cover.
2013-12-28 22.27.33.jpg
2013-12-28 22.28.48.jpg2013-12-28 22.29.38.jpg2013-12-28 22.30.51.jpg2013-12-28 22.31.01.jpg2013-12-28 22.31.12.jpg2013-12-28 22.31.36.jpg2013-12-28 22.31.54.jpg2013-12-28 22.32.06.jpg2013-12-28 22.32.13.jpg2013-12-28 22.32.39.jpg

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Damn, that does look like a sharp case!
I wish Otterbox would make something like this with a S view. Might have to take a look at this one in the meantime.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for a comprehensive review.

Have you tried the official S View case, or a UAG case?

I'm trying to understand how does the Spigen compare to them, thickness wise.

Posted via Android Central App

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have samsung s-view. it's def thicker but not as much as I thought it would be. remember you have have added drop protection on this. where Samsung's s-view really doesn't offer any drop protection.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have samsung s-view. it's def thicker but not as much as I thought it would be. remember you have have added drop protection on this. where Samsung's s-view really doesn't offer any drop protection.

Ok, let me rephrase slightly - is it much bulkier/wider?

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear they have already started shipping. Didn't think they were going to be available for a couple more weeks.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, let me rephrase slightly - is it much bulkier/wider?

I don't know what you mean by much bulkier/wider, it is bulkier and wider than without a case but it's not adding much. the Samsung S-view cover as far as I am concerned added no real bulk.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what you mean by much bulkier/wider, it is bulkier and wider than without a case but it's not adding much. the Samsung S-view cover as far as I am concerned added no real bulk.

The Samsung s-view case is similar to if you're going naked... there's no protection whatsoever, that's why there's no bulk. It's just a cover, which I love. Just like with any case there will be some added thickness but with Spigen, they do a great job about keeping their products thin and giving it protection. My husband loves Spigen's products.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have really taken an interest in this case. Seems to offer a lot more protection then the Samsung S View.
How does the cover flap feel when swung to the back of the phone? Does it get in the way much? Still comfortable to hold for a long period of time?
How does the latch get in the way for one handed use? Judging how it is in the center of them phone, when swung to the back I feel like my index finger would be right on top of it.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have really taken an interest in this case. Seems to offer a lot more protection then the Samsung S View.
How does the cover flap feel when swung to the back of the phone? Does it get in the way much? Still comfortable to hold for a long period of time?
How does the latch get in the way for one handed use? Judging how it is in the center of them phone, when swung to the back I feel like my index finger would be right on top of it.

I find no discomfort to use the phone with the cover in the back. I can still operate with one hand but it is not real easy to open the latch with just one hand for me. It is latch on pretty tight and due to the size of the phone and lack of finger nail on my part.

::just tried to open with one hand, not impossible and didn't take long but it's not something I would do for fear of dropping the phone::

Last edited:

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
The bulkiness question is based on my experience with a UAG case - it made the phone too huge and I had to give up on it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I find no discomfort to use the phone with the cover in the back. I can still operate with one hand but it is not real easy to open the latch with just one hand for me. It is latch on pretty tight and due to the size of the phone and lack of finger nail on my part.

::just tried to open with one hand, not impossible and didn't take long but it's not something I would do for fear of dropping the phone::

Cool thanks for the info. I might pick this up while it's on the pre order sale. Seems like it's going to be a good case.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
A couple of questions. I read in a review of the S4 variant of this case that the camera was partially blocked by the cover when swung to the back of the phone and had to be slid askew for a clear shot. Is this and issue with this variant as well?

Also, I change my battery daily. How easily is the back cover removed?

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
A couple of questions. I read in a review of the S4 variant of this case that the camera was partially blocked by the cover when swung to the back of the phone and had to be slid askew for a clear shot. Is this and issue with this variant as well?

Also, I change my battery daily. How easily is the back cover removed?

If you swung the cover all the way back, the top portion will create a shadow in the picture, but I normally take my picture in landscape mode and I just let the cover dangle. Same as the Samsung S-view cover. Removing the case is not hard or time consuming, first you remove the hard plastic shell and just pop the phone out of the TPU.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
You may not be able to answer this, but do you know if the contacts for the S - view chip will interfere with a 3rd party Qi receiver?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke