02-07-2014 04:48 PM
105 ... 2345
tools
    I'm pretty sure you mean "layman's"

Sent from my RM-940 using magic....
    YES! Thanks! Post was edited for the word that I misspelled horribly...
    12-31-2013 04:32 PM
    Ever since i updated my phone i cant get a connection with my computer again. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them and still no luck. Anyone else have this issue?
    What carrier do you have? Are you unhappy with the N3? Why did you get it if you're not happy with it? There will always be upgraded models to just about every phone that's out there. If you just have to have the latest and greatest every time a new phone comes out, find a carrier that will allow you to do do so. Even so, it's going to get expensive.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    12-31-2013 05:05 PM
    Any phone with the best specs will be outdated in 2 years.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Not even a year anymore.

12-31-2013 05:08 PM
    What carrier do you have? Are you unhappy with the N3? Why did you get it if you're not happy with it? There will always be upgraded models to just about every phone that's out there. If you just have to have the latest and greatest every time a new phone comes out, find a carrier that will allow you to do do so. Even so, it's going to get expensive.

This was supposed to be posted for the OP. Sorry, but it posted to the wrong person.

12-31-2013 05:24 PM
    My thought was that if you sold first and bought later you might be able to take advantage of a little bit higher price for the old phone (Note 3 next October).
    true, but you never know when they will be released exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

??? The S4 has been on Verizon since May...
    typo of course I meant S5
    12-31-2013 06:36 PM
    It depends on the deal you get. I picked standard pricing. But For example, you could have gotten the g2 for free with $200 visa prepaid card, or the note 3 for $200 with $200 visa prepaid card on Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday . In these cases, taking into account the visa prepaid card, you would be pretty close to paying for the phone twice.
    And to use the iPhone example, on Black Friday with the reserve gift card, you could get it for $75, which would mean if you chose Edge over using your upgrade you would pay $545 more for an iPhone, which is getting close to paying twice for the phone.
    12-31-2013 08:38 PM
    TMobile uncarrier has basically removed the subsidized cost from their pricing.
    and so it is the only installment plan worth looking at.

Att mobile share will reduce your bill by $15 when you are off contract. So, say you buy an iPhone, you would pay $60 per month for unlimited talk text and 300mb data. After your two months are up, you would pay $45 per month for the same plan. Alternatively, you can use att next plan and pay $45 /mo for the aforementioned plan.
    $15/mo isn't as good of a deal as using an upgrade but still is much better than Edge, which gives you no discount.
    12-31-2013 08:42 PM
    And to use the iPhone example, on Black Friday with the reserve gift card, you could get it for $75, which would mean if you chose Edge over using your upgrade you would pay $545 more for an iPhone, which is getting close to paying twice for the phone.
    Sure there are sales, best buy has the same pricing now. You can also get the 5c for - $50 after reserve gc. And the "-" sign is not a typo

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    01-01-2014 08:14 AM
    and so it is the only installment plan worth looking at.

$15/mo isn't as good of a deal as using an upgrade but still is much better than Edge, which gives you no discount.
    I agree, tmo jump is the best current upgrade plan out there.

Att next with the $15 drop might not be the best but it is a move in the right direction

01-01-2014 08:16 AM
    Sure there are sales, best buy has the same pricing now. You can also get the 5c for - $50 after reserve gc. And the "-" sign is not a typo
    Had to use the reserve gc by 12/31/13. Hopefully they will have another sign up in February.
    dpham00 likes this.
    01-01-2014 10:51 AM
    I don't know your current situation but on most carriers, you have 14 days to return or exchange a phone.

Well, you tell us. We bought the Note 3 cause we love it. Most, or all of us, are NOT disappointed with the N3....are you?

Any and ALL phones now and in the distant future will be outdated as soon as you buy it. Flagship phones lately have about a 1 year turn around....Like the S4....less than a year later they are going to release the S5! But you have to consider all the other models (such as the N3) that will be updated also in 2014....1 year or less later. What are the prospects that the N4 will have better specs than the S5? Pretty good. SO if you buy the S5 on release, 6 to 8 months later you'll see the Note 4 that will blow away the S5. At this point your banging your head....

What I'm saying is that be happy with the purchase you made and don't sweat it.
    I agree 100%👏
    👍😆

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    01-01-2014 11:14 AM
    Had to use the reserve gc by 12/31/13. Hopefully they will have another sign up in February.
    Ah yes, well it was good a few hours afo. :lol;

01-01-2014 12:17 PM
    😲

01-19-2014 01:47 AM
    To the OP. (can't resist)

We all think like that for a time but...

Your query is now out of date.

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3
    01-19-2014 12:49 PM
    To the OP. (can't resist)

We all think like that for a time but...

Your query is now out of date.

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3
    Indeed!

01-19-2014 07:00 PM
    So the Note 3s will not be receiving the kit Kay update?

Posted via Android Central App
    01-19-2014 11:41 PM
    So the Note 3s will not be receiving the kit Kay update?

No, they will get kitkat. 😉

anon8380037 and CehowardNote7 like this.
    01-20-2014 02:24 PM
    i would have waited
    01-21-2014 08:15 AM
    With the way phones are being released left and right I'm glad with my purchase I wouldn't have waited for the next big thing... I mean Samsung plans their releases smart... Note 3 not too long ago... Galaxy S5 in April (probably) than a Note 4 most likely end of the year... than S6 (or what not) april? vicious cycles...
    01-21-2014 11:11 AM
    There's obviously also a good argument for waiting 3-6 months after release for a significant price drop on outright purchases, (200 here in UK), and maybe better contract deals if you can also change your phone early.

It seems though that, unlike cars, you won't getter a better phone by buying later. Any teething problems being cured with rolling updates.

Swings and roundabouts again.

01-21-2014 11:23 AM
    Ever since i updated my phone i cant get a connection with my computer again. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them and still no luck. Anyone else have this issue?
    I always say, in consumer tech, if you wait for the next better, newer model, you'll end up waiting forever and buying nothing.There will always be something better in a few months' time. That's how manufacturers make money off all of us. Planned obsolescence.

As for me, gadget lust is a hopeless battle. Whenever something newer comes along, I normally give in when there's extra money available. Life's too short worrying about whether I should've waited or not. I get the newest and enjoy it for the life cycle of that product, which, in most cases, is less than one year.

Right now, the Note 3 is truly the best out there and fulfills most of my needs and expectations at its price range. :-)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    ladyc0524, orion575 and mchi5 like this.
    01-22-2014 12:53 AM
    With the way phones are being released left and right I'm glad with my purchase I wouldn't have waited for the next big thing... I mean Samsung plans their releases smart... Note 3 not too long ago... Galaxy S5 in April (probably) than a Note 4 most likely end of the year... than S6 (or what not) april? vicious cycles...
    I agree! 👍😊

01-25-2014 01:59 AM
    I always say, in consumer tech, if you wait for the next better, newer model, you'll end up waiting forever and buying nothing.There will always be something better in a few months' time. That's how manufacturers make money off all of us. Planned obsolescence.

I completely agree with that.

01-25-2014 02:01 AM
    i always say, in consumer tech, if you wait for the next better, newer model, you'll end up waiting forever and buying nothing.there will always be something better in a few months' time. That's how manufacturers make money off all of us. Planned obsolescence.

As for me, gadget lust is a hopeless battle. Whenever something newer comes along, i normally give in when there's extra money available. Life's too short worrying about whether i should've waited or not. I get the newest and enjoy it for the life cycle of that product, which, in most cases, is less than one year.

Right now, the note 3 is truly the best out there and fulfills most of my needs and expectations at its price range. :-)

sent from my sm-n9005 using tapatalk
    +1000000000
    01-25-2014 11:16 AM

As for me, gadget lust is a hopeless battle. Whenever something newer comes along, I normally give in when there's extra money available. Life's too short worrying about whether I should've waited or not. I get the newest and enjoy it for the life cycle of that product, which, in most cases, is less than one year.

Right now, the Note 3 is truly the best out there and fulfills most of my needs and expectations at its price range. :-)

+1.

Enjoy what you have now and upgrade only if your new phone has options you want or "need"

And as for Kitkat for the Note 3, they have started the rollout in Europe already. Only a matter of time until it gets to us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    01-25-2014 12:14 PM
105 ... 2345