Extended battery cases

alucard454

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Heyo peeps

So here's the deal.

Battery life is pretty good, no question. But I finally got the itch to start hammering this phone for mega hours.

So first I got the Zero Lemon of course.

Battery is crazy awesome. No question. The case is... Almost acceptable. I love the overall design and protection. I hate the feel of the rubber outside, the screen protector (which I keep on for added Peace of mind and water resistance), and OMG the port covers.... So awful. The buttons are pretty terrible too.

And of course, the phone is insanely bulky and unmanageable now, but I knew that.

I LOVE my wife's otterbox defender on her stock note 3. The first thing I tried was to see if I could mod a defender to fit the zl battery. As I'm sure yall know, the answer is hell no.

So what I'm wondering is if there is some other REAL extended battery that might fit into some modded defender or similar case.

I've got one of those eBay "4500 mah" batteries that is the same size as stock. But since it weighs less than the stock battery, I'm certain the battery life is gonna suck. I'll be trying it this weekend for giggles. But Yea. When I sat REAL extended I mean one of those hyperion or anker 6400mah jobbies. Or the zl, natch.

So, any input? To recap, I'm looking for a battery that can fit a modded case that is good, preferably a otterbox defender, or similar. Or I'm looking for a GOOD case that is known to fit the zl, hyperion, anker, whatever.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

emiinn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
You should look on xda I've seen a couple pics with modded cases on the zerolemon =)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Zero Lemmon claims they are working on a less bulky case for the 10000 mah battery.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

alucard454

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yea, i saw a guy on xda who modded a spigen slim armor (a stock size case i own and like) to "fit" a Zero Lemon, but it's actually sticking out of the back side completely, rendering the case rather less than protective.

It's a neat project, but utterly useless as far as I could see.

Was there maybe another one that you saw who did a mod that actually kept a case functional, and I'm just thinking of the wrong one?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance