New Spigen Case

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Got rid of my Otterbox Commuter for the Spigen Neo Hybrid in Infinity White and I must say I'm impressed. It's a little less bulky than the Otterbox and maybe just a tad bit lighter, but what really appeals to me is the appearance. It's very stylish and not boring like the Otterbox. However, I do feel that I'm sacrificing a bit in terms of protection, but I'm not one to beat my phone up & I rarely if ever drop my phone. When I saw the plastic that goes around the edge of the case, I immediately thought the case would be slippery, but it doesn't feel that way at all. So far, I'm satisfied.

Posted via Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Spigen case on my Note 3. I dropped the phone off the counter onto the hardwood floor. I heard a loud thud and thought the phone would be damaged. I picked up the phone and there was no damage. In my opinion, Spigen products are very comparable to Otterbox. I am like you, I rarely drop my phones and this was an isolated incident. I had put the mail on the counter and had the phone resting on top of the mail. The mail slid sideways and caused my phone to drop to the floor.

HeLLb0y

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So those Spigen cases are slimmer huh? I was a little concerned about the size of them. I have a Defender case on here right now and while I love the protection, its just a little to big. I have been looking for a slimmer case and I've pretty much narrowed it down to a spigen neo hybrid or those platinum series cases that best buy sells. I rarely drop my phone so a slightly smaller case would be nice.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Does the coloured rim offer any grip at all?

I have a yellow one on order and was hoping I could stand the phone landscape in the car while using TomTom.

If not I can always use a not slip mat but would prefer not to.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
So those Spigen cases are slimmer huh? I was a little concerned about the size of them. I have a Defender case on here right now and while I love the protection, its just a little to big. I have been looking for a slimmer case and I've pretty much narrowed it down to a spigen neo hybrid or those platinum series cases that best buy sells. I rarely drop my phone so a slightly smaller case would be nice.

You might also want to take a look at the Spigen Slim Armor...which is a little more minimalistic, but I don't like the shiny plastic, I prefer the back on the neo hybrid.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Does the coloured rim offer any grip at all?

I have a yellow one on order and was hoping I could stand the phone landscape in the car while using TomTom.

If not I can always use a not slip mat but would prefer not to.

I would say it doesn't offer the type of grip for the application you are looking for. It doesn't slip in my hand and feels good, but I don't think it would be a good fit for what you are looking at doing.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Sweet, what are your thoughts on it so far???

We got 2 cases, a white one for me and a black one for my husband. I love the look and it's not too bulky. Tbh though, the only downside is that the white version feels too slick while the black version has a slight grip to it. I'm hoping I don't drop it! But we'll see. Maybe I can check if companies like Stickerboy makes skins for the case.