Window Tray

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You mean having stuff running in the notification bar, by the clock and battery meter ? Or are you talking about the bottom bar where the app drawer icon is ?

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Cause if it's the nofication bar, can't help, this is app-operation stuff. But if your talking about the shortcuts by the app drawer, yes, you can, here's what mine looks like:

app drawer area.jpg

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Oups, I posted while you did....

Ok, while my phone doesn't seem to support the feature your talking about. The UI on my phone has a "last opened app" thing, but you have to have use something for it to show there:

last app.jpg

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion! I am referencing the Multi Window Tray that is accessed by pressing down and holding the back key.

How many icon you there? Mine has 18. Yes you can add more. I just tried it. It has to be multi window icon tho

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was only able to do this on my S4, which has the same feature, by rooting. There are a few XPosed modules that can then add either some, or all apps. Can't really link to them at the moment, but basically, Root -> Install Xposed -> Install a MultiWindow Module -> Use the module to modify the apps in the list. Don't think there's another way. And afaik with the Note 3, it does trip the flash counter.

The main reason I rooted though was to get rid of the bloat that Samsung put on it for no reason apart from money. I'd remove the EyeTracking nonsense too if I could without a ROM.

Telescopist

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to take the thread off-topic, but about the eye-tracking software, can't you just disable the module from the app manager ?
I don't think you are off topic. I have read some about disabling apps. Apparently that is an option with v.4.2/4.3.....maybe it is a Samsung thing. I really don't know. You can't uninstall an app. unless you go ahead and root.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way of adding new applications to the window tray?

Telescopist...
If u are talking about the multi-Window tray then the answer is yes and no if u look at the bottom of the multi window bar there is what looks like a small "pyramid" click that and click edit, it will open the play store and and there are some apps you can add, also above the play store button there are other apps you can drag into the the multi window bar.

Posted via Android Central App

Telescopist

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Telescopist...
If u are talking about the multi-Window tray then the answer is yes and no if u look at the bottom of the multi window bar there is what looks like a small "pyramid" click that and click edit, it will open the play store and and there are some apps you can add, also above the play store button there are other apps you can drag into the the multi window bar.

Yes. I see that. Thank you. I have been searching for more answers using Google. Here is the down and dirty. Many if not most applications are not compatible with the multi window bar tool. That may change over time. The applications that appear in the multi tool bar window get place there automatically if they are compatible with this particular tool.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's why I said yes and no, I'm hoping more "useful" apps become compatible with multi-Window

Telescopist

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's why I said yes and no, I'm hoping more "useful" apps become compatible with multi-Window

I have been reading more about this issue elsewhere. It seems that each application has to be compatible with the multi task function. The work around, apparently is to: 1. root, then install the Xposed module or 2. root and go to the Play Store and download the Multi Window Manager. Discussions about these things can be found here.http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...w-compatible-apps-user-guide.html#post2637851