No lock screen widgets - HELP

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought my note 3 a few days ago and now I have it the way I want with the exception of lock screen widgets. I would like to have the camera on there. Only thing is that I have no option to turn on that setting. And ice looked everywhere.

e3ysege3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If you want to add shortcuts and widgets to your lock screen you'll need to change your screen lock to swipe.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
That worked... But thats stupid... Now you can't have a lock and use widgets at the same time... That's weird...

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, but makes sense, kind of. You lock your phone so nobody could access it, but with shortcuts and widgets the phone could be unlocked bypassing the security

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
kj11 is right, it makes sense.

A couple additional options to help you with lockscreen customization.... DashClock, Widget Locker.

Good luck!

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, but makes sense, kind of. You lock your phone so nobody could access it, but with shortcuts and widgets the phone could be unlocked bypassing the security

But at the same time though, it would be nice to have some widgets available on a secured lock screen. Not all widgets will give access to information that you want to keep secure.
Say if you had the camera widget on your lock screen, all it would do is take pictures. But you can't access your email from the camera widget. Thus making that stuff still stay secure.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
But at the same time though, it would be nice to have some widgets available on a secured lock screen. Not all widgets will give access to information that you want to keep secure.
Say if you had the camera widget on your lock screen, all it would do is take pictures. But you can't access your email from the camera widget. Thus making that stuff still stay secure.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

But you can access your gallery from the camera, and from there you can access any number of apps through the share button. I hear what you're saying though.

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
But you can access your gallery from the camera, and from there you can access any number of apps through the share button. I hear what you're saying though.

It doesn't have to... On the iPhone you can have your phone locked and take pictures just swiping up. When you take a pic you can see the pics that you have taken while the phone is locked and not the others. So... We should be able to take a pic and still maintain a secure system...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk