Usb tethering on X SP3

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I am enjoying my new note3 and as well my unlimited data plan. I've been using the Internet from my phone on my laptop via WiFi tethering but the battery drains faster then u get to check your email and if I keep the phone plugged it heats that I can fry bacon on it. I looked and tried everything on the Internet but nothing works. Anybody knows how and what to do on Windows X SP3? PS my phone is not rooted and I'm not really ready to get there.

Posted via Android Central App

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Welcome!

Not positive what you are asking, but I think you're looking for a solution to potential overheating? Tethering does hit batteries pretty hard, so a higher than normal drain is in fact normal. Charging hits the battery from the other end, but also adds heat.

Not too much you can do, but some suggestions: Cycle your charging and/or tethering to minimize battery impact. Put the Note on a better thermal conductor when possible. Solids are best (not in the air on a stand), metals generally better than plastic. Copper is one of the best, aluminum probably the most cost effective.

Good luck.

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion (I did exaggerated there a bit ). The whole thing is that I wanted to tether my Note3 via USB with my PC, if I do it via WiFi the phone heats up( normally) and the battery drains faster(normally) . When I tried the usb tethering my PC did not recognised anything. I had contacted Samsung as I was unable to find any viable solution for Windows XP . I'm still waiting for a reply.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37