E-reading with black background

Jason Kim5

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i was thinking about making this as my main e-reader, and was wondering what type of battery life I would get if I switched to night mode (have black background with white text), seeing as galaxy note is an amoled screen and this can maximize its battery life. Has anyone tried this, and approximately how much battery were you able to save on general by using night mode?

Thanks alot!

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've always used a black background so I don't know how it compares in battery use to a light background. All I can say is I've never noticed reading to cause much of a battery drain despite the screen being on.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i was thinking about making this as my main e-reader, and was wondering what type of battery life I would get if I switched to night mode (have black background with white text), seeing as galaxy note is an amoled screen and this can maximize its battery life. Has anyone tried this, and approximately how much battery were you able to save on general by using night mode?

Thanks alot!

I don't have any definitive stats, but using dark mode should definitely help the battery. I use most of my apps in night mode and the battery drains slower than when using the white backgrounds.
Yay for AMOLED :D

Posted via Android Central App