S pen help

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm new and all to the android scene but I already love it and my note 3, save a few issues which I've run into. One if them being the spen. It's unresponsive for the most part and I was thinking it was a sensitivity issue. However... I can't find the settings. I've searches the controls setting to no avail. :/ Help?

I have a screenshot but I don't know if I can or how to upload it.

Posted via Android Central App

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow that sucks, it may be defective, did it start occurring from the start?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

anon8378318

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on. I found the default tip of the S Pen to be picky with a screen protector since the tip is rubber like. Try switching it with one of the harder plastic tips included in the little bag of tips with the phone (the tool to do it is included too). Otherwise, if you're touching the screen and getting in and out responses to your input it could be the S Pen.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes. It's been like this from the beginning. No screen protector though and I'm still wondering how to reach the s pen settings.

I didn't find a bag with replacements tips in my box so I'm starting to wonder if I was sold an incomplete product. I bought it from eBay and the seller had opened the box to test it out. When I get home I'll sift through the box again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Here's a screenshot of my settings where the spen settings are supposed to be.

N26Q2jN.jpeg

As you can see, the spen shortcuts are on screen but the settings are not.

(And I apologize for the double post. I wasn't aware I could edit a post)

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This is what mine looks like.

gyvyta4y.jpg

And when I click on S Pen

za7ynuzy.jpg

Who is your carrier?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm missing all of that.

No carrier yet. I bought it factory unlocked. When I turn the phone on there's no company logo either so I'm not too certain who the original carrier was, if there was any.

If it's of any help, the model number is SM-900.

Last edited:

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm missing all of that.

No carrier yet. I bought it factory unlocked. When I turn the phone on there's no company logo either so I'm not too certain who the original carrier was, if there was any.

If it's of any help, the model number is SM-900.

3 choices: 1 return the phone
2 reload the software
3 I would go for an exchanged

it has to look like the second poster above

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
3 choices: 1 return the phone
2 reload the software
3 I would go for an exchanged

it has to look like the second poster above

How would I go about reloading the software? Returning it is going to be a bit of a hassle(bought from eBay).

Last edited:

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
How would I go about reloading the software? Returning it is going to be a bit of a hassle(bought from eBay).

try a factory reset first....go Settings>General>Backup and reset>factory reset..hit it

maybe a software update..Settings>general>about device>software update>hit it.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can you post a picture of your phone. There are a LOT of fakes out there...especially on eBay. If it doesn't have Samsung on boot, that's a telltale sign. The bezels happen to be bigger on fakes as well. You can especially tell with the s-pen...which doesn't have the "hover" feature in fakes. Hopefully this isn't the case for you.

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you post a picture of your phone. There are a LOT of fakes out there...especially on eBay. If it doesn't have Samsung on boot, that's a telltale sign. The bezels happen to be bigger on fakes as well. You can especially tell with the s-pen...which doesn't have the "hover" feature in fakes. Hopefully this isn't the case for you.

Really!!!!!!!!!!! Fake exist????

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
If it is a fake, I will return it. It was sold to me as a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I paid for it as one.

Pictures:

XfyF49g.jpg

KB6VHG6.jpg

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
ok wall paper then..I am no expert in fasle...so have to wait for Mike's reply

- - - Updated - - -

have you tried software update yet?
I just went to the widget section and dragged it out the same way you would an app.

Software is apparently up to date. I'll wait to see what Mike says regarding the phone itself. Then I'll try the ROM thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton