email an action memo

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have good ideas on an easy way to email an action memo?

Quickest / easiest way I found was to take a screen shot of it (screen write), crop it, share it via email.

I know scrapbook or Evernote can do it, but anyone found any easy way with action memo?

Would love to use the split screen but action memo doesn't seem to be enabled for this.

Thx in advance..

Posted via Android Central App

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I just link it to an action and choose email.

Tried that however the note tried to use the action memo content as the actual email address...(as would be done if I had scribbled down an email address in the memo)...what I am looking to do is send the action memo as an attachment(jpeg, etc)

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
This baffled me too, a few days ago, until I figured out a solution:

Open an action memo, click the three horizontal lines, which will lead you to a screen showing all of your action memos.

Then, press the soft menu key (left of your physical home button), and in the menu that will pop up, select "Share via".

Voila, you can now select all the memos you want to share, and the way of sharing them (email, etc).

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
This baffled me too, a few days ago, until I figured out a solution:

Open an action memo, click the three horizontal lines, which will lead you to a screen showing all of your action memos.

Then, press the soft menu key (left of your physical home button), and in the menu that will pop up, select "Share via".

Voila, you can now select all the memos you want to share, and the way of sharing them (email, etc).

Awesome... thank you

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This is the way, for sure, but as a new Note 3 user I wondered what you use Action Memo for, and how you use it.

I was disappointed that I could not at first transfer my memo notes from my S2 on 4.1.2.

I was wanted to keep a list of easy access notes of reference information. I have not taken to handwriting as yet, nor the phone my writing, Do you convert your Action Memo to text first? Probably showing my ignorance!

As Kies 4.3 was not compatible with JB older than 4.2, nor old Outlook; I finally found the Color Note app, sent each note to Google Drive as .txt and use Color Note as my default note taker on the Note 3.

Real shame it doesn't have the more recent S-Memo (not on my GS2 either, just Memo) as a basic note taker at least. You cannot download it from Samsung either. I know you can keyboard on Action Memo, but such a kerfaffle. May be I will try it again and see if I can sync with a pc and GS2. I do have Evernote and Dropbox. Color Note is simpler though. I hate sending everything to Google.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
@everybody - I'm a man, and you're all welcome :)

@Madd54 - why don't you just use S - Note? Action memo serves a different purpose.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
@DrSavant
Thanks, but I've seen S-Note on the Note 2 and comments re same, saying it's not as good a layout on the newer version.

I got hacked off trying to configure it like a list of notes, with titles you want, instead of default dates and closed folders you have to slide down, plus a limited number of default templates. I don't want to cook for the Queen.

I'm sure your gonna tell me I can get it the way I want now, or future add-ons should improve it. It doesn't look configurable to me at the moment though. At least it was a little clearer to see a note before opening it on the Note 2.

You probably can guess I am not a big fan right now. They should have called it S-Pen 3.

BTW I think it was either on Amazon UK discussions and/or other Android Central N3 discussions that a lot of people expressed their disappointment with S-Note. Having said that I should really look at the downloaded Samsung guide again and see if I can configure it to my liking. Samsung should really take us on a weekend refresher.
I have checked out some videos via GSMArena before purchasing and it looks impressive, but it doesn't do the basics well.

Give me another couple of months and I could be in love with it finally.

Thanks for helping. Tony, London.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
OK Having said all that I have now managed to entitle a new note my way for the first time , and share / sync it with Color Note for one. Also displaying it on its large home screen widget.

Still odd to me, and time consuming, but I may like it.

Couldn't navigate it previously.

Perhaps an S-Note version "for Dummies" first before you qualify for the full version.

Anyway, I now hand you all back to the S-Memo syncing discussion. Sorry.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
@Madd54 - yes, the new S-note is worse than the one on the Note 2 - I use it alot less now, than I used to, with the Note 2. My personal thing these days, is a combination of action memos, and Evernote.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk